Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Parking 'Attendents' Ayamonte

Parking 'Attendents' Ayamonte

Old Jun 23rd 2019, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Parking 'Attendents' Ayamonte

Originally Posted by SteveandCathy
Best way is to smile , pay 50 cents and wish them a good day....no hassle!.
Hi, we lived there from 2008 - 2015 & we did just what you have suggested. The same thing goes on all over the world & we were just happy to be able to live where we wanted. These folk (regardless of their circumstances) are human beings the same as us. Have a little bit of compassion for people who are not as lucky as you, it doesn't take much effort. Regards Bryony.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 9:46 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol

Hi, we lived there from 2008 - 2015 & we did just what you have suggested. The same thing goes on all over the world & we were just happy to be able to live where we wanted. These folk (regardless of their circumstances) are human beings the same as us. Have a little bit of compassion for people who are not as lucky as you, it doesn't take much effort. Regards Bryony.
Hola
Folk are not all the same; Spain has jails for human beings. By giving them money you are encouraging them which gives rise to the harassment that single ladies receive at their hands. They are not polite in the main when they think they can harass you into giving them money. They may also be much richer than you - calculate how many car spaces is "their pitch", then multiply then number of cars that come and go in the time they are there - do you really think they pay income tax on the amount they receive?

Spain has a new "Working time directive" which has meant quite a number of casual staff being laid off especially in cafes & bars where they get a sudden need for extra staff for a short while. It is time the authorities clamped down on these illegal workers

Davexf
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 10:22 am
Just Joined

A Brit in Ayamonte is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with you Davexf,

They ran off with 10 euros from a friend. They are rude aggressive, drunken yobs. Hard to imagine why people think it's acceptable to intimidate other human beings!
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the bling and vehicles some get to their pitch in, I doubt many are genuinely poor. If they were I doubt they would be so aggressive and downright scary to some people. I have seen the Ayamonte ones pick on single woman. I have chased one off for a lady and directed her to the pay carpark where she could feel safer to leave and return to her car without being followed, harassed and talked to in such a menacing manner. I cannot say I have seen drunk ones, a bit loco maybe, more like drugs. I still think they should be discouraged and the powers that be should be stopping it. It must be illegal to demand money with menace.