Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pareja de Hecho - Is this how to get my Turkish partner residency in Spain?

Pareja de Hecho - Is this how to get my Turkish partner residency in Spain?

Old May 30th 2018, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Stu2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pareja de Hecho - Is this how to get my Turkish partner residency in Spain?

So this issue is really bothering us. I have been with my Turkish girlfriend for over 3 years and we want to move from Turkey to Spain or France. I am a full time musician playing in many groups including one which is well known. I’ve lived in Turkey, Egypt and France for the last 7 years studying music, but this doesn’t help in any way when it comes to us moving to Europe together! I have half made the move already to France, Toulouse, and I’m renting a room over there while moving back and fourth to Turkey.
I’ve been looking in to doing a civil partnership in Spain, it’s called Pareja de Hecho, even though I don't live there yet. I'm planning on moving later this year. I've heard rumours that it's not too hard to get and I have friends living in different parts of Spain who could prove very useful at some point in the process.
If anyone has any information, first hand experience or advice for me I’d love to hear. thanks!
Old May 31st 2018, 7:00 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pareja de Hecho - Is this how to get my Turkish partner residency in Spain?

Originally Posted by Stu2
So this issue is really bothering us. I have been with my Turkish girlfriend for over 3 years and we want to move from Turkey to Spain or France. I am a full time musician playing in many groups including one which is well known. I’ve lived in Turkey, Egypt and France for the last 7 years studying music, but this doesn’t help in any way when it comes to us moving to Europe together! I have half made the move already to France, Toulouse, and I’m renting a room over there while moving back and fourth to Turkey.
I’ve been looking in to doing a civil partnership in Spain, it’s called Pareja de Hecho, even though I don't live there yet. I'm planning on moving later this year. I've heard rumours that it's not too hard to get and I have friends living in different parts of Spain who could prove very useful at some point in the process.
If anyone has any information, first hand experience or advice for me I’d love to hear. thanks!
Hi again! I obviously can't help on the Spain front, but find out whether there's a Spanish equivalent to the French "intermittent du spectacle" status and whether the conditions for residency for yourself are the same as in France. You shouldn't count on rumours, find out from official sources, but it's not hard to get pacs'd, it's the collection of the necessary paperwork beforehand which is complicated!