British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Pareja de hecho in Alicante! Help! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/pareja-de-hecho-alicante-help-931620/)

Maria Mad Mar 9th 2020 9:03 pm

Pareja de hecho in Alicante! Help!

Hello everyone, would like to ask how does a Brit get a certificate of no impediment to submit as part of the documents needed for Pareja de Hecho in Alicante?
my fiancé and I have been going through this nightmare for almost a year now!
He got his certificate from the UK Registrar office in London but now after a long wait ,the Pareja de Hecho office in Alicante is telling us that it is not accepted but wouldn’t tell us where to actually get it from in order to be accepted!
Has anyone done this paper in Alicante?
please help!

Thanks,
Maria

lyric030250 Mar 11th 2020 11:27 pm

Re: Pareja de hecho in Alicante! Help!

Not in Alicante but needed said document to be married in Frigiliana. Supplied by Registry office, translated by a Legal Translator and had to have Hague Apostille Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

All IIRC as it was 11 years ago now.

Maria Mad Mar 12th 2020 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by lyric030250 (Post 12819207)
Not in Alicante but needed said document to be married in Frigiliana. Supplied by Registry office, translated by a Legal Translator and had to have Hague Apostille Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

All IIRC as it was 11 years ago now.

Many thanks for your reply:)
That’s exactly what we did but for some reason it seems it is not enough!
They are asking us now for an oath at the notary office that my fiancé is single!
is that normal?

breakfasttea Mar 22nd 2020 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Maria Mad (Post 12819439)
Many thanks for your reply:)
That’s exactly what we did but for some reason it seems it is not enough!
They are asking us now for an oath at the notary office that my fiancé is single!
is that normal?

you need to go to the gov.uk for a verified Notary who understands what is required and not applying Spanish law needlessly and excessively.

Sounds like your problem you’re using cowboys and or not downloaded the correct forms from the gov sites to complete. It’s not the offices job to do all your paperwork for you, their job is to process it. How on earth has it taken you a year to do?

Attend one of those listed if they push back call the consulate in Spain and hand the phone over who will threaten to strike them from the register as they all passed a test to understand what is required of them. They’ll soon come to understand what is needed.

the notary we went to was listed and wanted an oath of declaración and stated: I don’t know you personally I cannot confirm you’re single or not! Time constraints in place we had to press on with this [suitable insult], so in frustration I called the consulate and she started shouting at him. He gave us what was required and STILL added a disclaimer “I don’t know this person personally and cannot be held responsible for what he will do with the notary stamped paperwork”

this advice is first hand experience of marrying in Spain, and the exact same issue as you in San Javier, Murcia

Maria Mad Mar 25th 2020 1:47 pm

Many thanks for your reply!