Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Palma de Mallorca: Side Jobs

Palma de Mallorca: Side Jobs

Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Dani_C is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Palma de Mallorca: Side Jobs

Hi to everyone! My name is Dan and I am a newbie.

Recently I've finished 3 years of a Bussines Administration programme and in March I'm going to Palma de Mallorca to start an internship in a real estate company. Unfortunately it's poorly paid (only 300 euros per month), but the place itself really attracts me so I accepted the offer.

So since I want to become financially independent, I am looking for some additional earnings (though I don't speak Spanish, only basics). For example some side jobs or freelance. I have already some experience in big international companies, what is displayed in my CV. So please, can you advise me something?

I know few languages (Romanian, Russian, French), so it can be tutoring or touristic services; I love photography (but I don't have a decent camera). At least I can do some manual work. Or maybe you have some offers? I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Palma de Mallorca: Side Jobs

Originally Posted by Dani_C

Recently I've finished 3 years of a Bussines Administration programme and in March I'm going to Palma de Mallorca to start an internship in a real estate company. Unfortunately it's poorly paid (only 300 euros per month), but the place itself really attracts me so I accepted the offer.

So since I want to become financially independent, I am looking for some additional earnings (though I don't speak Spanish, only basics). For example some side jobs or freelance. I have already some experience in big international companies, what is displayed in my CV. So please, can you advise me something?

I know few languages (Romanian, Russian, French), so it can be tutoring or touristic services; I love photography (but I don't have a decent camera). At least I can do some manual work. Or maybe you have some offers? I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers.
Wow, €300 is pretty bad, even for an internship. Are you getting some support from family? It will really depend how your working hours are?
Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Wow, €300 is pretty bad, even for an internship. Are you getting some support from family? It will really depend how your working hours are?
Yes, it really is. And no, won't depend.
I have some savings for few months. My family can help me, but I want to avoid this. That's why I need something additionally.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it really is. And no, won't depend.
I have some savings for few months. My family can help me, but I want to avoid this. That's why I need something additionally.
The problem I see is that if you have a full working day, you won't have many choices. Bar wok would come to mind, but if you have a 9-5 (or longer) job, would you really want to work in the evenings?
Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Moses2013
The problem I see is that if you have a full working day, you won't have many choices. Bar wok would come to mind, but if you have a 9-5 (or longer) job, would you really want to work in the evenings?
That for sure won't be longer than 9-5, so I could work few evenings a week or even all of them. Would be hard, but trying to find the best solution.

Thanks for a prompt reply.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 10:32 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary