Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Painting around pool edge

Painting around pool edge

Old Jul 18th 2009, 8:21 am
Just Joined

tejon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Painting around pool edge

The concrete slabing around the pool is getting a bit worn and flaky.
I want to brush them down and repaint with something that will not flake off quickly AND is a bit non slip - any ideas please
Old Jul 18th 2009, 8:40 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Painting around pool edge

Originally Posted by tejon
The concrete slabing around the pool is getting a bit worn and flaky.
I want to brush them down and repaint with something that will not flake off quickly AND is a bit non slip - any ideas please
I know it sounds a bit lame but do a search, it got asked a while back, maybe search for Non slip paint, I asked some friends about it last year some time...
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:13 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I went down to the local pool shop and they warned against painting, and just told me to use a bleach cleaner and a brush on it .... which I did and it came up fine
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:31 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Ours has been painted too, but if you clean it off it looks better, a sort of beige colour and antislip texture in the cement.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:38 am
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough

Easiest way to clean the crown stones is with a pressure washer.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tele Addict
Easiest way to clean the crown stones is with a pressure washer.
only thing with pressure washing the coronation around the pool is that if it is slighly shot sometimes the pressure can make it worse, just depend on the condition of it in the first place