Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

paintermujer/hombre ?????

paintermujer/hombre ?????

Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

nicola.liverpool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default paintermujer/hombre ?????

Been reading posts on here for sometime now in the hope of eventually relocating to Spain. I found paintermujer/hombre posts a interesting read, but felt they got a bit of stick for just stating how they felt about commuting, ie. school runs!!! They have bit the bullet!! relocated to a to another country, to hopfully better themselves and their daughters future.. I do feel some of the coments they received were a bit harsh!!! I hope they start posting again and take no notice of negetive feedback! ( constructive feed back is hey' ok' ) I wish them all the best for their future plans!! and maybe one day Ill be brave enough to make that move myself.
nicola
Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:12 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Re: paintermujer/hombre ?????

I`ve read some of there info and replies.

I`d have to agree that some of the comments are a bit uncalled for.

But that happens in real life, to a smaller extent anyway, I guess the faceless internet allows certain people to voice comments they may not do to your face.

All I could advise is to ignore them, people tend to have an agenda, when others are achieving that which they could not, it usually manifests in bad feeling towards the writer.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

Here we go again...
Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Sorry!!! Just voicing my opinion!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicola.liverpool
In this case its´s called trolling.

Read rule 4.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

It was not my intention to offend anyone, and im sorry if it came across that way, I am seriously wanting to relocate to Spain.. just waying up all the pros and cons before i make the move.. Its a hard decission to make.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:13 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Some of us tried to point out Aspe was not the best location for someone who found it essential to have british papers. It is a shame they did not listen and I was not surprised when they moved on

I wish them well wherever they are
Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

So why didn't you just reply to the thread instead of starting anew one?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:37 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

It was not my intention to offend anyone, and im sorry if it came across that way, I am seriously wanting to relocate to Spain.. just waying up all the pros and cons before i make the move.. Its a hard decission to make.
Ask away Nicola.liverpool

Just be thick-skinned when it comes to the replies....

Are you seriously considering the move? Best stay put if you can for the time being. Not great here.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

savateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nice

Nicola, it's really not that bad on here !

Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to accept that the idea's that you though were great, turn out not to be so great after all. I know this from the advice I got on here.

That being said, if I didnt listen, or not ask on here in the first place, I would most likely be in Spain, enduring some pretty difficult circumstance's.

Yes, it can get a bit neggy on here at time's, but you can also get some pretty good, (and very candid) advice.

Hope you decide to stick around.

What do you plan on doing in Spain ?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 3:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by savateur
Nicola, it's really not that bad on here !

Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to accept that the idea's that you though were great, turn out not to be so great after all. I know this from the advice I got on here.

That being said, if I didnt listen, or not ask on here in the first place, I would most likely be in Spain, enduring some pretty difficult circumstance's.

Yes, it can get a bit neggy on here at time's, but you can also get some pretty good, (and very candid) advice.

Hope you decide to stick around.

What do you plan on doing in Spain ?
What people have to realize is it is the same hardships as the UK, but in Spain it is worse as it is a different language, no handouts, and if there are any jobs you be applying against some 4 million unemployed Spaniards who will be employed before you.
Very few foreigners get legal employment and a contract here.

What is the point of telling lies and saying come on over it´s great here ?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 3:29 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly! I was put off buying a business in Florida by negative comments on a forum and they turned out to be right too after I researched. I think most people on here are very kind to newbies, just that some new posters don't want the truth.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:08 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
What people have to realize is it is the same hardships as the UK, but in Spain it is worse as it is a different language, no handouts, and if there are any jobs you be applying against some 4 million unemployed Spaniards who will be employed before you.

The other point is that salaries are much lower. A tennant of mine (he's Canadian/Italian) has managed to find work but he would not be employed by the company. They insisted he be autonimo, pay his own expenses and then only receive 15euros/hour. Out of this he has to pay 250/month for NI and a further 43/month for historia (not sure why on this one though) plus rent to me (which, of course, is VERY reasonable).
Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to advise my kids that things were hard here but they wouldn´t take any notice and came anyway. Now they are struggling and life is much harder.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:15 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr

You and I rarely disagree, but I think in this case you are possibly basing it very much on the area where you are.

I have met many, many, many foreigners - including Brits - who have had jobs with contracts. When I've wanted them, I've had them myself - chose not to mostly though, iykwim

Muppets, living in muppet areas, where muppet employers only offer muppet jobs, will of course find themselves not working on contract.

Anyway, in your line of work, wasn't it often more beneficial to be working off contract????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.