British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Packing boxes and bubble wrap (Ayamonte) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/packing-boxes-bubble-wrap-ayamonte-940915/)

bxpuser24710519 Oct 1st 2021 9:13 am

Packing boxes and bubble wrap (Ayamonte)

Does anyone have medium sized clean, strong packing boxes they don't want ? also does anyone know if the Chinese shops still sell flat packed boxes and bubble wrap ? thank you.

agree_to_disagree Oct 1st 2021 9:40 am

Re: Packing boxes and bubble wrap (Ayamonte)

Yes you'll get flat pack boxes in some of the chinese shops.

However, the bubble wrap you get there will cost you a fortune.

https://www.ebay.es/itm/261467683289...EAAOSwYu9d37~s

It will be a lot cheaper if you get the bubble wrap on ebay.es and you could check the price of the boxes on there aswell.

Lorna at Vicenza Oct 1st 2021 1:07 pm

Butting in from Italy (because I like to move around) - but you can buy bubble wrap by the metre here at any local "ferramenta" ironmongers.

agree_to_disagree Oct 1st 2021 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench (Post 13057487)
Does anyone have medium sized clean, strong packing boxes they don't want ?

How many boxes does the OP want and what size?

bxpuser24710519 Oct 1st 2021 2:41 pm

At the minute I have no idea, I need to sort through everything and decide what goes to charity, binned, gets left or gets transported.

Dxf Oct 1st 2021 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree (Post 13057568)
How many boxes does the OP want and what size?

Hola
Having moved many times I'd say between 20 & 50 is usual so do those numbers make any difference if the OP wants 20 or wants 50? As to size then different sizes are always preferable as everything is never the same size and you always find two things for that last box (well that's my experience) LOL

Davexf

VFR Oct 1st 2021 9:23 pm

Supermarkets have loads of boxes that they are only to happy to give you.
Bubblewrap as has been said, buy via Ebay Etc.

VEDShappy Oct 2nd 2021 8:30 am

Get boxes from the bakery section of the supermarket and from any independent Baker,.

agree_to_disagree Oct 2nd 2021 9:07 am

To the OP, with covid do you really want to be handling boxes that come from goodness knows where and handled by persons unknown?

kazcharl Oct 2nd 2021 9:08 pm

You can buy bubble wrap in VRSA… the Chinese shop has it by the metre. I bought some yesterday very cheap.

agree_to_disagree Oct 3rd 2021 12:16 pm

If the OP is moving home, then it is going to be 20 to 40 boxes. Grant it not all will have fragile items. But if you have a few fragile items about the place then you will go through a large roll of bubble wrap fairly quickly.

Buying it by the meter is for the birds!

bxpuser24710519 Oct 3rd 2021 1:56 pm

Thank you for your replies. The boxes I got before from the Chinese shop were a very useful size and strong enough for the purpose. The bubble wrap was cheap and did the job just fine.

agree_to_disagree Oct 3rd 2021 2:18 pm

Don't forget to write on the boxes what is inside them. It does help when you get to the other end.

Also marking boxes with FRAGILE if applicable.

If you plan to stack the boxes then sealing the boxes with tape at the bottom and top will improve the compressive strength of the boxes.

Marking boxes with heavy, as applicable helps also and avoid someone putting their back out.