Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Owners Direct - anyone any information please?

Owners Direct - anyone any information please?

Old Dec 23rd 2018, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Owners Direct - anyone any information please?

There is a house nearby to ours which has recently acquired a "For Sale" sign outside with a company called Owners Direct.co.uk. The property is/was owned by a French family who do not reside there and are not there at the moment. Out of curiosity (nosiness!) I have been on the Owners Direct site to try to find the selling price and it states they have now changed to their name to HomeAway, however the site appears completely devoted to holiday rentals. There is no mention of property sales. I am wondering therefore if the sign outside the house has been "adapted" in some way and For Sale added to it. Somewhat suspicious is IMO, if they have now changed their name why their old name is on the newly appeared sign.
I have tried to contact the company but there is no email option only "chat" and "call" The chat button does not work at all and can I get no reply on the telephone number.
My question really is, anyone know anything about this company? Do they deal with property sales?
Will keep calling but maybe this is not the best period in which to make contact.
Thanks.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

almendro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Owners Direct - anyone any information please?

They were taken over by trip advisor but they must have sold it on to homeaway. This was some years ago.
They have only even done rentals.
That sign must be old.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

It only appeared in the last week although the sign is metal but looks old and tacky. Something fishy me thinks. Will try to contact the company sometime. Think it may be illicit in some way as it’s “managed” by a local Spanish builder who prepares the property for rentals. May be my over suspicious nature but the “For Sale” element on the sign of a company which now is no more and doesn’t do sales raises my suspicions.
Thanks for the response, appreciated.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

This sounds really odd.If you know the buikder maybe speak to him and ask what is going on.
Old Dec 24th 2018, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cermignano
This sounds really odd.If you know the buikder maybe speak to him and ask what is going on.
Good idea in principle, but, speaking to others, suspect “builder” may be involved in private lettings as he and his wife clean the property after occupation. Think actual owners may be unaware of some rentals.
Going to try to contact company today.
Thanks for the response.
Old Dec 24th 2018, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Solved, sorry for wasting time. Passed property again and sign says Direct Owner, not Owners Direct. My error.
Apologies again.

Old Dec 24th 2018, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

And is it legit?
Old Dec 26th 2018, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cermignano
And is it legit?
seems to be.