Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Our Local Police

Our Local Police

Old Apr 15th 2012, 8:18 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our Local Police

Due to the final and largest procession last Saturday I had to park my car in a different road. Normally we all park both sides of that particular road but when I went to the car on Friday I found this notice on the windscreen.

Our Local Police-escanear0001.jpg

Several things struck me, the notice is polite, it is in Valenciano (everything is in ths town) and finally that they did not follow it up and give me a parking ticket as the car had been left there for almost a week.

Rosemary
Old Apr 15th 2012, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Local Police

Looks like one that I got last year in a local village when I went to a fair at night and the side of the street on which you can park changed at midnight. Obviously the locals knew as they had moved their cars. Never heard any more about it.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 8:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
Looks like one that I got last year in a local village when I went to a fair at night and the side of the street on which you can park changed at midnight. Obviously the locals knew as they had moved their cars. Never heard any more about it.
Ours change on the first of every month but the road that I parked in normally has parking both sides so I presume that this is changing or has changed.

Rosemary
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough

yea we have that in our town too.. during certain times of the year everyone parks on one side of the street and the rest of the year on the other. i think it changed in march. i unfortunetly don't have a car yet and luckily don't have to pay much attention to this
Old Apr 16th 2012, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have been towed away twice for being on the wrong side of the road. Neither location (Cullera or Oliva) had any signage telling you that the parking side changed. It turned out to be mid month.
Was a rental car. Perhaps that made the difference.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Well I have been towed away twice for being on the wrong side of the road. Neither location (Cullera or Oliva) had any signage telling you that the parking side changed. It turned out to be mid month.
Was a rental car. Perhaps that made the difference.
I was told several years ago that if a local car is not totally legally parked the local police tend to not be too drastic about it unless it is dangerous or utterly stupidly parked. To be honest I did not believe them until now.

Rosemary