Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Other side of the coin.

Other side of the coin.

Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Other side of the coin.

Originally Posted by agoreira
Yep, agree, it features people from all over the world that have settled successfully in Spain, some from Spanish speaking countries and some from the Far East, Europe etc. It probably clashes with Coronation St or Eastenders!
LOL, I doubt it, it's on about midnight (past their bedtime??!!) But you can watch it online anytime.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:32 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
LOL, I doubt it, it's on about midnight (past their bedtime??!!) But you can watch it online anytime.
beat me to it - just shows how much some people know about the environment they live in

Coronation Street/Eastenders - didnt watch in the United Kingdom so why would I watch them now I no longer in the country. Its Spanish terrestial television for me.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 3:56 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
beat me to it - just shows how much some people know about the environment they live in

Coronation Street/Eastenders - didnt watch in the United Kingdom so why would I watch them now I no longer in the country. Its Spanish terrestial
television for me.

Talking about watching Brit TV and soaps, I have always said that there is nothing wrong with "importing" things from your home country.

We were eating chorizo in the UK for years as and when we could get hold of it, that was before it was re-invented as cho-ritz-o.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 5:03 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Talking about watching Brit TV and soaps, I have always said that there is nothing wrong with "importing" things from your home country.

We were eating chorizo in the UK for years as and when we could get hold of it, that was before it was re-invented as cho-ritz-o.
always found it nice stuff, problem was it was always up the posh/expensive end of the cabinet - which probably made you laugh. Now I regularly get it served as part of the tapas at lunchtime.
I enjoyed a bottle of cava in the United Kingdom, made a pleasant change from the rubbish imported from Australia and California. Very much into Old World wines.

having eaten many foods in their original setting makes it so much more interesting. but I do draw the line at the mass importation of some of the Brit food - the Spanish equivalents are just as good, taste better, cost less and I can buy in the village without having to get the car out, put in a tank of petrol just to get a jar of Branston or Heinz mayo.
the likes of Aldi/Lidl are stocking more "international" brands, their popularity being shown by the continual stream of Spanish buying them.

never came here to eat the same as back home - but we have had that discussion earlier in the year.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 5:15 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

always found it nice stuff, problem was it was always up the posh/expensive end of the cabinet - which probably made you laugh. Now I regularly get it served as part of the tapas at lunchtime.
I enjoyed a bottle of cava in the United Kingdom, made a pleasant change from the rubbish imported from Australia and California. Very much into Old World wines.

having eaten many foods in their original setting makes it so much more interesting. but I do draw the line at the mass importation of some of the Brit food - the Spanish equivalents are just as good, taste better, cost less and I can buy in the village without having to get the car out, put in a tank of petrol just to get a jar of Branston or Heinz mayo.
the likes of Aldi/Lidl are stocking more "international" brands, their popularity being shown by the continual stream of Spanish buying them.

never came here to eat the same as back home - but we have had that discussion earlier in the year.
Well maybe it is a Brit thing,to reject your usual fare for something else. we came here to eat the things we enjoy and always have enjoyed no matter which country we happend to live in(subject to availability of course)

And to be honest most of the foreigners we knew in the UK had the same outlook, I cant remember ever going to my Itailian mates house, to be served bangers, mash and beans, even after they had been living there for years.

The Italian mama never turned her back on the osso bucco in favour of making battered cod and mushy peas,

Last edited by JLFS; Jul 30th 2012 at 5:17 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 7:46 pm

Well maybe it is a Brit thing,to reject your usual fare for something else. we came here to eat the things we enjoy and always have enjoyed no matter which country we happend to live in(subject to availability of course)

And to be honest most of the foreigners we knew in the UK had the same outlook, I cant remember ever going to my Itailian mates house, to be served bangers, mash and beans, even after they had been living there for years.

The Italian mama never turned her back on the osso bucco in favour of making battered cod and mushy peas,
where I am living I cannot get bangers or the bacon slices I would have bought in Sainsburys, but I get the nearest equivalent that is made locally and find it is fresher with less, but usually no, processing.

but last Saturday we had burger chips and beans - the only thing not local being a tin of beans that came up from the coast via a workmate of the Better Half's.
in the UK we used to eat onions, peppers, tomatoes as we do now, along with plenty of fruit. but we are eating healthier, at lower cost.
we have cut out much of the starchy foods which is also a health bonus.

if, as originally intended, I was in Italy I would have no problem with eating Italian food. Is it just me that doesn't have beef and 3 veg with roasties every other day with burgers all the time, fish and chips etc ??
should I be asking my local bars to stop stuffing me full of tapas and feed me English food (whatever that is)??
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reminder, I will have that for my lunch tomorrow. Probably the last thing that Graham cooked for me, I know that we ate a lot of it but managed to freeze a portion too.

Rosemary
Old Jul 30th 2012, 9:51 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Coronation Street/Eastenders - didnt watch in the United Kingdom so why would I watch them now I no longer in the country. Its Spanish terrestial television for me.

Thats rich coming from you, there not many posts on here that you aren't rambling on about the UK
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:46 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely love 2 hours of Corrie street on a Sunday morning
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I absolutely love 2 hours of Corrie street on a Sunday morning
with a good strong sweet tea ??
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by jackytoo
[/B]

Thats rich coming from you, there not many posts on here that you aren't rambling on about the UK
have you seen the sign at the top of the page ??
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:50 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

with a good strong sweet tea ??
Actually I'm trying to cut down
Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:05 pm

Actually I'm trying to cut down
but that is one of the bestest things to come from the far flung outposts of the empire, especially with that nice condensed milk from a tin, thick enough to stand the spoon up in it.
yummy

Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:22 pm

but that is one of the bestest things to come from the far flung outposts of the empire, especially with that nice condensed milk from a tin, thick enough to stand the spoon up in it.
yummy

Oh yes it's "thick" alright,.....reminds me of someone on here
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:29 am

Oh yes it's "thick" alright,.....reminds me of someone on here
you are in a good mood - only the one ? ? ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.