Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

open top motoring or diesel

open top motoring or diesel

Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:04 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default open top motoring or diesel

i put this thread on before last year and it turned out to be quite a funny thread thanks to people like big pete and the rest of the gang so here we go again im trying to decide what car too have out in spain do we go for convertble or diesel car ?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: open top motoring or diesel

Originally Posted by pjj
i put this thread on before last year and it turned out to be quite a funny thread thanks to people like big pete and the rest of the gang so here we go again im trying to decide what car too have out in spain do we go for convertble or diesel car ?
Convertible in the sun........nice idea but ends up as a open top oven!

Diesel every time.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Convertible in the sun........nice idea but ends up as a open top oven!

Diesel every time.
Too true, used to drive the bosses merc with top up and aircon on. ;-))
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:16 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Too true, used to drive the bosses merc with top up and aircon on. ;-))
just out of interest....are you blonde?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
Hi pjj,

We told you last time you can and should have both a hard top convertable diesel with aircon should be yours!

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:04 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

I remember this very similar thread and my views and opinions were made then .

Knowing a compromise between the safe sensible diesel type of car ,which is practical but does tend to make the women feel all mumsy ..
Against the super cool convertible types which will make your wife or girlfriend feel super sexy ,

Ask yourself do you want to take home a sexy happy bird ?
Or take home your Mums mate ?

Yes i know the warm cuddly mumsy type is great in the winter on a cold evening , but remember you will be in Spain !!

dont go for the jeep type , the best choice is the solid metal type convertible depends on your money i guess ? but when its mega burn your bum on the seats hot ,your best with a convertible hard metal type , then whack the aircon on and use it during Hot days , then at night flick the button grab that "Beach Boys" CD lower the roof and cruise with your arm out the window .. With `Help me Rhonda` blasting out You will feel the part and by heck will look the part ..

And to boot you keep your bird , everyones a winner right ?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:13 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Big Pete

Knowing a compromise between the safe sensible diesel type of car ,which is practical but does tend to make the women feel all mumsy ..
Against the super cool convertible types which will make your wife or girlfriend feel super sexy ,

Yes i know the warm cuddly mumsy type is great in the winter on a cold evening , but remember you will be in Spain !!

dont go for the jeep type , the best choice is the solid metal type convertible depends on your money i guess ? but when its mega burn your bum on the seats hot ,your best with a convertible hard metal type , then whack the aircon on and use it during Hot days , then at night flick the button grab that "Beach Boys" CD lower the roof and cruise with your arm out the window .. With `Help me Rhonda` blasting out You will feel the part and by heck will look the part ..

i'm showing his gingerness this thread for sure!!!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
without doubt go for a hardtop - your heads will fry in this heat
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

White and grey with a bald spot. ;-))
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:53 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Big Pete

what did i tell guys bout big pete ! he s cracks me up !
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:07 am
Account Closed

saz2312 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pjj
I brought my english MGF from uk 4 years ago and I wouldn't live without it,

I love driving my convertible and it's nice when the spanish pull up at the side of you and are trying to work out what it is, LOL. I have only seen one other mgf where I live.

It does get a bit hot if you are stuck at traffic lights for a while, but I either wear a cap and always have suntan lotion in the car. LOL.
Besides I only use it in my town, where there are no traffic lights or on a long trip on the A7 which is nice when the wind is blowing in.

Also I have a supplier with MG parts in the UK and he is cheap and he is good on postage to spain, so if anyone is stuck for any type of mg parts, message me.
He sells single bolts right up to a full engine
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

erisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by pjj
I was going to suggest a particular Swedish convertible which has a folding hard top roof and the option of a quite sophisticated diesel engine, however, I have the petrol version which has given me a few 'alarm' problems and I've just been told "The alarm sensors are located beneath the central drinks holder so do not place anything metallic in the holder as it will trigger a false alarm".

Mmm, kinda rules out a can of coke on the Costas!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:16 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by erisaman
I was going to suggest a particular Swedish convertible which has a folding hard top roof and the option of a quite sophisticated diesel engine, however, I have the petrol version which has given me a few 'alarm' problems and I've just been told "The alarm sensors are located beneath the central drinks holder so do not place anything metallic in the holder as it will trigger a false alarm".

Mmm, kinda rules out a can of coke on the Costas!
Ive always liked diesels. Just in the process of buying myself a 1.9tdi Ibiza in spain. Yes i know everyone drives Ibizas in spain lol but i had one in the UK and really like them
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

erisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Ive always liked diesels. Just in the process of buying myself a 1.9tdi Ibiza in spain. Yes i know everyone drives Ibizas in spain lol but i had one in the UK and really like them
Been a petrol head all my life but am swopping my Volvo C70 for an Audi diesel for the uk, and am swopping my Ibiza (fab little motor) for a Galaxy/Alhambra or Sharan diesel for Spain - which doesn't answer the op's question at all!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.