Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Online Shopping - That is in English & Good

Online Shopping - That is in English & Good

Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Post Online Shopping - That is in English & Good

All,
I'm trying to compile a personal list of all the good online Sites that we can use in Spain. Now it doesn't have to be just Spanish Sites, it can be Sites from other Countries that also ship to Spain...

Sites such as Electrical, Clothes, Household Furnishings to name only a few..

Please, if anyone out there has some "good links" please help me out
Cheers - DSB.

Last edited by bealerDSB; Mar 29th 2010 at 10:02 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:18 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Shopping - That is in English & Good

Amazon is now pretty good for shipping to Spain. The postage rates are usually cheaper than they would be from a Spanish company.

The problem is that a lot of their stuff comes from associated companies, many of whom do not ship outside the UK.

The Amazon German site is better for this as most of their associates ship to Spain.

Other UK companies are M&S and Littlewoods.

For printer ink I use www.inkredible.co.uk who have free postage to Spain.

For dietary supplements www.simplysupplements.net are cheaper than Healthspan with free postage.

In Spain I have used www.electroprecio.es for TV and electronics.

For PC stuff www.alternate.es

For a similar option to Amazon then www.pixmania.es is OK but some people have had problems in the past with customer service.

El Corte Ingles have a good online store.

For kitchen stuff www.cocineros.info and www.cristaleriasgarcia.com
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:41 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Amazon is now pretty good for shipping to Spain. The postage rates are usually cheaper than they would be from a Spanish company.

The problem is that a lot of their stuff comes from associated companies, many of whom do not ship outside the UK.

The Amazon German site is better for this as most of their associates ship to Spain.

Other UK companies are M&S and Littlewoods.

For printer ink I use www.inkredible.co.uk who have free postage to Spain.

For dietary supplements www.simplysupplements.net are cheaper than Healthspan with free postage.

In Spain I have used www.electroprecio.es for TV and electronics.

For PC stuff www.alternate.es

For a similar option to Amazon then www.pixmania.es is OK but some people have had problems in the past with customer service.

El Corte Ingles have a good online store.

For kitchen stuff www.cocineros.info and www.cristaleriasgarcia.com
Is that website not owned by the Dixons group, if so it may explain it.

PS I thought this question had come up recently
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Post Re: Online Shopping - That is in English & Good

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo

I did a ditty thread a while ago regarding online suppliers for stair l.e.d's btw.
This one I'm looking for a broader range for my own needs..

I found a great company in Malaga, very helpful, delivery was completed in 2 days. Below is the link :-
95Euros for the Stair Kit
-
http://www.cabopinolighting.com/cata...63323ed4ba4ee5
-
DSB.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I recently had an article published 'Online shopping - the future?'

you can view it here

http://issuu.com/timadmin/docs/timmar2010

page 28
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:19 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they are now part of the Dixons Group but they had a bad reputation before they were taken over. I don't know if it is any better now.

You're right - the subject was covered a couple of months ago

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...nline+shopping

Maybe we will get a few more links on this thread.

Maybe DealerBSB might like to put together a list in due course and I can put it in the Free Beer sticky.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, they are now part of the Dixons Group but they had a bad reputation before they were taken over. I don't know if it is any better now.

Maybe DealerBSB might like to put together a list in due course and I can put it in the Free Beer sticky.
Hey Fred - Sounds good. Leave that idea with me and I will correlate the data an PM you.

Thanks - DSB.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 2:52 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

You mean that Dixons actually improved the service?

I have been told , by an authority higher than a super mod, that the free beer will go in the end. The wiki is the way forward.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:04 pm

I have been told , by an authority higher than a super mod, that the free beer will go in the end. The wiki is the way forward.
I didn't say Dixons improved the service, merely that the complaints were around before they took over. I have not used them since so have no idea what the current situation is.

As for the free beer thread, that's news to me. To be fair, it hasn't been updated so much recently but a lot of info is still current.

As a Mod I can put a thread up there as a sticky any time.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

But everybody is too lazy to put anything in the WIKI, I only had a few people even give me stuff to put in the free beer thread.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:03 pm

I added the info to the Wiki about the ITV as I could do it.
I had to ask Sue to add a Wiki page to The Netherlands 'cause I could not do it. Once it was up I could make the additions I thought would be handy. However it is a free for all so one day I can see all hell breaking out on them too.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:26 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you live and learn I have never seen the WIKI before...excellent for other countries too
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:33 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

I have used this company for about 4 years now for Contacts & good price / service.
Less than half the price of contacts here .....http://www.postoptics.co.uk/
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

prettykitty is an unknown quantity at this point

I love QVC, they deliver to spain and sell lots of big name goodies, also just discovered Marks and Spencer will deliver upto 25 items for £7.50! Hope this helps.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:23 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Have you checked out http://www.laplazaspain.com/ which has shops that deliver to Spain - not tried it myself yet but looks very pro' and has Discount Codes
: http://www.laplazaspain.com/index.php5?action=promo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.