Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Online British Food Store

Online British Food Store

Old Dec 3rd 2013, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online British Food Store

Can anyone recomend a good British Food Supplier Online Store that is reliable ?
Many Thanks !
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online British Food Store

What do you want exactly ?

Iceland supply enough no ?
Old Dec 4th 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

ArtWilson is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just received an email from British Corner Shop. Advertising their Christmas products, looks more expensive than you would pay in the UK, but I guess that is expected.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 12:35 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Overseas which uses the Iceland name can be very expensive if you do a straight Euro Sterling comparison but for some familiarity is everything.
There is little these days that these shops sell that you cannot purchase a local equivalent for less.
I have never understood why people buy plastic bags of soggy fruit and veg , UK milk, frozen bread etc in these stores.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 1:14 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Don't stores like Carrefour and Lidl stock British brand foods?
Old Dec 4th 2013, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Don't stores like Carrefour and Lidl stock British brand foods?
Yes, yuk to Carrefour, but Al Campo and Gama as well supplies a lot of UK stuff, Iceland is ok but I never went to Iceland in UK, but I like the UK crisps, Hula Hoops, Wotsits and Monster Munch to go with me Sarnies, have not broke that habbit yet !

Never been one for Frozen foods, sometimes I think it can be cheaper to eat out
Old Dec 4th 2013, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Sausages is an unknown quantity at this point

Consum and mercadona also sell British items. You can get pg tips almost anywhere too.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 1:51 pm
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Yes, yuk to Carrefour, but Al Campo and Gama as well supplies a lot of UK stuff, Iceland is ok but I never went to Iceland in UK, but I like the UK crisps, Hula Hoops, Wotsits and Monster Munch to go with me Sarnies, have not broke that habbit yet !

Never been one for Frozen foods, sometimes I think it can be cheaper to eat out
Might I ask if you've tried CHURRERIA Santa Clara PATATAS FRITAS Tradicionales? IMHO they are the best crisps on the planet.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crookesey
Might I ask if you've tried CHURRERIA Santa Clara PATATAS FRITAS Tradicionales? IMHO they are the best crisps on the planet.
Ill give them a go
Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigD
Can anyone recomend a good British Food Supplier Online Store that is reliable ?
Many Thanks !
Try Amazon Grocery. OK you now have to pay postage but you will probably end up with MRW delivering your parcel which will mean delays to your delivery. It is at this point you contact Amazon Chat explaining that you have waited in for the last x amount of days for delivery and as 'you' have paid for this delivery service you are really upset with the standard of service you have received. Always be polite. At this point they offer to refund your postage costs. Obviously this does not work if you have a reliable MRW courier. We have no English food here, not even tea bags, and I use Amazon for grocery and other items. I had five boxes delivered yesterday with postage costs of £20 - all postage costs have refunded because MRW were over a week late in delivery. I have probably paid postage only once this year.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by battlezone123
Try Amazon Grocery. OK you now have to pay postage but you will probably end up with MRW delivering your parcel which will mean delays to your delivery. It is at this point you contact Amazon Chat explaining that you have waited in for the last x amount of days for delivery and as 'you' have paid for this delivery service you are really upset with the standard of service you have received. Always be polite. At this point they offer to refund your postage costs. Obviously this does not work if you have a reliable MRW courier. We have no English food here, not even tea bags, and I use Amazon for grocery and other items. I had five boxes delivered yesterday with postage costs of £20 - all postage costs have refunded because MRW were over a week late in delivery. I have probably paid postage only once this year.
Thanks for the tip. What are the prices of the products like compared to UK?
Old Dec 5th 2013, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Also, does anyone know if the M&S in Marbella sells food? We are hoping to go there either later today or tomorrow and would be nice to know we can look forward to some good old M&S grub.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArtWilson
Also, does anyone know if the M&S in Marbella sells food? We are hoping to go there either later today or tomorrow and would be nice to know we can look forward to some good old M&S grub.
We are far from local to Marbella but we had a holiday near there in the summer. If I remember correctly the food is at the back of the store and the choice is very, very limited.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by battlezone123
We are far from local to Marbella but we had a holiday near there in the summer. If I remember correctly the food is at the back of the store and the choice is very, very limited.
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I won't get my hopes up for their peri peri chicken then! To be honest, I am sure there are better local alternatives that we are looking forward to trying. Cheers