Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

omg !!! what have we done!!

omg !!! what have we done!!

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

PoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nice
Default omg !!! what have we done!!

now its getting really scary !!

tommorrow we are insructing our estate agents to put the house on the market.

we should be over the moon now , but, for the first time since planning our move ,
we are starting to have doubts in what we are doing. Im sure its something everyone has been through?? but its now hitting home that in 3-4 months we could be on our way.

how did you all cope??????????

were going to have 2 weeks grace untill the boards go up , as we have mother in law over from CB, so think its probably better to wait till she's gone back..till the stream of potential buyers come rushing through the door!!!

another soberano and i'm sure i will be fine!!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:54 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: omg !!! what have we done!!

Originally Posted by PoolePaul
now its getting really scary !!

tommorrow we are insructing our estate agents to put the house on the market.

we should be over the moon now , but, for the first time since planning our move ,
we are starting to have doubts in what we are doing. Im sure its something everyone has been through?? but its now hitting home that in 3-4 months we could be on our way.

how did you all cope??????????

were going to have 2 weeks grace untill the boards go up , as we have mother in law over from CB, so think its probably better to wait till she's gone back..till the stream of potential buyers come rushing through the door!!!

another soberano and i'm sure i will be fine!!
I hope you get a buyer soon and can get on with your plans. Looks like the future isn't quite as scary for you as for the rest of us as your MIL is already in Spain so you should be prepared
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:56 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

I know that I felt like that as, I'm sure, did so may others. It's a really scary thing to give it all up and move to a new country. Three years on and we wish we had done it sooner.

You're bound to have wobbles but take a step back from it, chill out and, as they say, 'go with the flow'

JJ
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

PoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nice

thanks Lionda

yeah i'm sure for us things should be less scary, as most of my wifes family are allready in CB, including her sister . but you know, you just cant stop worrying.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jjh
I know that I felt like that as, I'm sure, did so may others. It's a really scary thing to give it all up and move to a new country. Three years on and we wish we had done it sooner.

You're bound to have wobbles but take a step back from it, chill out and, as they say, 'go with the flow'

JJ
i think , if it were just wife and i , i would have no concerns. but as we have our 2 daughters , there is a whole lot more to contend with..

but yes your right, chill out and go with the flow!! thats exactly what were moving over for.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Val W is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you have more success in selling your home here than us. In 6 months we have had 4 viewers and only one of them a serious purchaser. We have just changed our estate agent. Maybe your part of the country sells better than ours, we are in the north west. We wanted to be over in Spain for Christmas but time is now running out for that. We haven't got any doubts about what we are doing and never have had any. We desperately want to sell so we can move on and start our new life.

Good luck, I hope things work out for you.

Cecilia
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

ambers_lil_sis is an unknown quantity at this point

well with 2 houses on the market today will probably be the hardest day, my dad and amber's husband have left to travel to Spain, so amberandjason is just amber, this is the start to our journey and hopefully many happy times, just this is the saddest part so far
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Val W
I hope you have more success in selling your home here than us. In 6 months we have had 4 viewers and only one of them a serious purchaser. We have just changed our estate agent. Maybe your part of the country sells better than ours, we are in the north west. We wanted to be over in Spain for Christmas but time is now running out for that. We haven't got any doubts about what we are doing and never have had any. We desperately want to sell so we can move on and start our new life.

Cecilia
sorry to hear your struggling to sell val,
i'm sure once you sell (and lets hope its soon) the last 6 months will be just a distant memory..

are you moving to murcia itself ore the surrounding area?
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

ambers_lil_sis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PoolePaul
sorry to hear your struggling to sell val,
i'm sure once you sell (and lets hope its soon) the last 6 months will be just a distant memory..

are you moving to murcia itself ore the surrounding area?
I think in about 4 weeks we have had about 3 people view our house and one was as nutty as a fruit cake
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:22 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Once you are in Spain you will wonder why you worried - it's just another country with people who work, laugh, cry and worry like the rest of us. One thing which tells us apart though is - THEY LIKE TO PAAAAARRRRTY
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Val W

Cecilia
Keep your chin up. House sales seem to be picking up again nicely in the UK - you can still be in the sun for Christmas. Karma sent!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Val W is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I hope your right, would love to be in Spain for Christmas. We are moving to Murcia area, about 20 mins inland from the Mar Menor.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: omg !!! what have we done!!

hi just to say my uncle moved to mazzaron murcia about three years ago and he really loves it, good luck with your move. We are hoping to be living in fuengirola by the new year cant wait.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

mofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the rough

Hi There,
I know just how you are feeling but you will be fine once you get here and everything is settled. The trick is to have something positive to do each day in England that gets you one step nearer. (Even if it is buying a new swimming costume) THis gives you something to focus on and stops you worrying. Once you get out here there are still lots of things you have to do. We've been out here since May but now at last we feel settled and happy and glad we came.
Maureen
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

keddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant future

Dont panic!!!
We decided to sell up and I mean completely not just contents or renting and move out of the UK.
As long as you have done your homework and either got a rental over in Spain or similar then dont panic.
Now is the time to look up on the interenet for a cheap rental in the area you have chosen and go from there.
We moved out from a five bedroomed detached in Sussex and ended up in a two bed in Costa del Sol and do not regret a second as all fell into place the minute we saw our present house.
If you can afford to move, then move. We put our furniture into storage and when we found the house we ended up paying about 4000 pounds for storage and transporting over here but it was a saving.
Furniture is not cheap here and do not ley anyone tell you different.
Good Luck and go for it.
Keddyboy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.