Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Oliva and Gandia rail and road links

Oliva and Gandia rail and road links

Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oliva and Gandia rail and road links

This was previously posted elswhere on this site.

Does anyone know when:-
i) The Gandia to Oliva rail extension will be built?
ii) Ditto the A38 road by-pass?
I am based in London and visit our house in Oliva when I can. I have tried on the web but the information is unclear. Will the road be complete by 2013 and the rail extension from Gandia by 2020? Or are these dates just fanciful?

Hope I have posted this in the right place this time!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oliva and Gandia rail and road links

Originally Posted by johnnyone
This was previously posted elswhere on this site.

Does anyone know when:-
i) The Gandia to Oliva rail extension will be built?
ii) Ditto the A38 road by-pass?
I am based in London and visit our house in Oliva when I can. I have tried on the web but the information is unclear. Will the road be complete by 2013 and the rail extension from Gandia by 2020? Or are these dates just fanciful?

Hope I have posted this in the right place this time!
You're spot on
Welcome
Old Apr 5th 2010, 3:36 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

i) The Gandia to Oliva rail extension will be built? ?!
Manana
ii) Ditto the A38 road by-pass?!
Manana
Or are these dates just fanciful?
Very likely...!

We may see completion of both within the next 10 years or so! And the congestion around Oliva and Bellregarud etc will be worse than it is now for the time they are building it - its taken them about 5 years to do a 2km stretch of 332 to the north of Gandia - and it still is not finished yet!

saw a site a few weeknds ago that said many projects are well delayed - like the dualing of the cv60 from gandia to lorollia (sp!?) and many other upgrades...

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 5th 2010 at 3:41 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 6:43 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
Manana

Manana

Very likely...!

We may see completion of both within the next 10 years or so! And the congestion around Oliva and Bellregarud etc will be worse than it is now for the time they are building it - its taken them about 5 years to do a 2km stretch of 332 to the north of Gandia - and it still is not finished yet!

saw a site a few weeknds ago that said many projects are well delayed - like the dualing of the cv60 from gandia to lorollia (sp!?) and many other upgrades...
Yes I think I read something along the same lines.
The logic being that the toll be dropped between Oliva & Javia/Denia as the vast bulk of traffic would use it (which they would) and of course a new entry/exit Gandia end so you miss out Bellregarud.
Cannot see the Candia/LLiria road being dualled myself in the near future as its never that busy, well never seems to be ?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

On the road from Gandia towards Bellereguard just before entering B'guard there appears to be a new roundabout being built on the left and roadworks leading behind B'guard towards Oliva.

Also, on the road from L'alqueria de la contessa to Piles (Opposite Eroski) there is another roundabout under construction.

Whether this is to bypass B'guard or just entrances to the massive trading estate they are building (which will consist of lots of empty buildings with nobody moving in) who knows?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:35 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard so many stories. My obvious choice would be to re route it vie the motorway and remove the toll between S Oliva and N Gandia. Its the least cost choice. But I heard crazy stories about them cutting through the mountain with a new tunnel which of course would cost a fortune.

Im not sure the new roundabouts have anything to do with it as that would channel traffic into an even more terrible mess
Old Apr 6th 2010, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I have heard so many stories. My obvious choice would be to re route it vie the motorway and remove the toll between S Oliva and N Gandia. Its the least cost choice. But I heard crazy stories about them cutting through the mountain with a new tunnel which of course would cost a fortune.

Im not sure the new roundabouts have anything to do with it as that would channel traffic into an even more terrible mess
I quite agree. When they finished the new Ondara bypass (which was great for Ondara and El Vergil) but once on it the traffic at no alternative but to go throught Oliva which made the congestion there much worse.

Good for the girls on the 332 perhaps !!!
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:08 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Found it..

inland trader...

LESS than one fifth of the new motorways and major trunk roads that were supposed to be open for use in the Comunidad Valencian by this year have been built.
http://www.inlandtrader.net/edition4...hapril2010.pdf

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 6th 2010 at 6:14 pm.