Oliva area any info

Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

jules63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oliva area any info

Originally Posted by twowheeler
Hi
Interesting discussion re Oliva.

We bought in Oliva 3 years ago and visit as often as possible, 3/4 short stays each year. We chose Oliva because of its size, not too big not too small. Enough happening to give the place a buzz, things easily accessable on foot, good public transport up and down the coast, good base for activity sports both on and off water, good choice of restaurants and bars, excellent beaches, reasonable shops to cater for most tastes, easy access to either Valencia or Alicante for international flights and Spanish people accepting of different nationalities/cultures coming to their town.

The smaller places between Oliva and Gandia are ok in the summer but most of the places close down September/October leaving them feeling like ghost towns. The same for many small places up and down the coast.

We tend to go to Spanish bars/shops so don't have a problem with meeting too many English people. If we want to meet English people we can easily do that in any Spanish town on the coast. You are as likely to hear Eastern European voices as English as the number of migrants increase from all corners of Europe.

All in all Oliva is a good all year round base and come the day when retirement allows we will be spending as much time there as possible.

ps Anyone aware of anything happening 2nd to 8th December 08 anywhere in the area, we''ll have a car this time so distance won't be too much of a problem.
pretty much the same reasons as me...afraid i don't know anything about what is on in early december but does anyone have any recommendations for christmas -we arrive on christmas eve for a week.....hurrah

Old Nov 29th 2008, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Shaz52 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya again..Many thanks for all your replys and info..
We have been trawling round all the rental websites to get an idea of prices and we came accross a town house that was built just for us in Oliva we are coming over just after christmas to have a look at house town etc. ..
The rental agents are Parasol Networks in Oliva, anyone heard of them? In the current climate would it be advisable to try and negotiate rent and terms? The only problem we might have is we need asdl we have been told this is not a problem as the house has a landline honest opinions please as we need this for our work
Thanks again for all help so far xx
Old Nov 29th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaz52
We have been trawling round all the rental websites to get an idea of prices and we came accross a town house that was built just for us in Oliva we are coming over just after christmas to have a look at house town etc. ..
The rental agents are Parasol Networks in Oliva, anyone heard of them? In the current climate would it be advisable to try and negotiate rent and terms? The only problem we might have is we need asdl we have been told this is not a problem as the house has a landline honest opinions please as we need this for our work
I would think adsl would be fine in Oliva especially if there is already a line connected, when you are over you could always get the phone number of the house and ring Telefonica to ask, dial 1004, its a free call

I have only ever heard good things about Parasol Networks

Always worth a try I would say to negotiate the rent, if you get someone that is desperate to rent......
Old Nov 29th 2008, 8:34 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Usually it is fairly easy to get adsl in towns, it is when you are out in the campo that it becomes more difficult. I have not had any dealings with Parasol myself but I know someone that did and found them extremely helpful and professional.

Rosemary
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

jules63 is an unknown quantity at this point

I brought through Parasol and have used them subsequently to supervise some works and have always thought they were really good - always been reliable and honest in their dealings with me

Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:13 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I cant see that ADSL will be a problem in the town, and there are at least a couple of companies locally that offer a good alternative to Telefonica as well, incliding a local company that has a shop on Oliva