Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Old chesnut .. export ES car to UK for SCRAP?

Old chesnut .. export ES car to UK for SCRAP?

Old Dec 14th 2013, 11:27 am
Just Joined

normcatalunya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Old chesnut .. export ES car to UK for SCRAP?

Hi all sorry for bringing this up yet gain..

Have ES reg car ...fully legal for next 12 months.... live in Spain.
Relocating to UK and intend to use car for some stuff moving.
Intend to use in UK for may be 2 months whilst sorting out house/ UK reg car.
Car old not worth a lot of money.

Originally intended to drive return back to ES to get "Baja" .Fly back to UK..
end of story ...BUT
I fully understand the paperwork probs of trying to get car baja whilst in UK ..don't want to go this route... BUT
Looking at the Form "Solicitud de baja del vehiculo" there is an option to declare car "exportacion" which together with the guidance notes.."Bajas difinitivas por translado del vehiculo a otra pais" seem to suggest that on the production of usual ident/proofs etc ...then this is a way of removing said vehicle from road tax register?
I am thinking if this was the case then I could get my local gestor involved to action my declaration as and when we want to scrap car off in the UK.

Is all this crazy thinking..
Any advice welcomed and ta in advance.
Regards Norm

Last edited by normcatalunya; Dec 14th 2013 at 11:30 am.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Old chesnut .. export ES car to UK for SCRAP?

I think if you export then it has to be replated in the next country. Just sell it in the UK on eBay, they do sell, I seen plenty go for more than expected.

Anything that is legal will have a value to it.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

normcatalunya is an unknown quantity at this point

Can do that...but its the same old problem of not getting the car reg of road taxes.. Everybody hits this...
Old Dec 14th 2013, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont understand sorry, I would just put that in the eBay listing, no, ive seen people selling es cars on eBay with no IVA or paperwork, they still sell.