Oil question

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oil question

Does anyone know what 2 stroke motor oil or its brand name is called please? Karen has just bought me a petrol garden strimmer in the UK, this is to bring out next time we come and needs the usual petrol/oil mix.

I know those noisy 2 stroke scooters fly about all over the place but until now I've never given a thought to buying this type of oil.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:38 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oil question

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Does anyone know what 2 stroke motor oil or its brand name is called please? Karen has just bought me a petrol garden strimmer in the UK, this is to bring out next time we come and needs the usual petrol/oil mix.

I know those noisy 2 stroke scooters fly about all over the place but until now I've never given a thought to buying this type of oil.
Virtually any petrol station will have it, as well as carrefour and most department stores. Repsol is a common brand.

It's the same stuff you use for the scooters and it's available everywhere. "Aceite de 2 tiempo" or something like that. But it doesn't matter because most have a picture of a scooter on the front. Normally a small bottle mixes with 5-6 litres of regular old 95 petrol.

Also, some petrol stations offer it pre-mixed right from the pump for scooters.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

When you find a supplier, make sure that you get the mixing ratio right. Too much oil and you'll oil the plug, too little and you risk seizing the engine.

Also, if you are living close to the sea, make sure that you get the correct 2 stroke oil for your equipment. Marine two stroke oil is only designed to be used on marine engines ( lower operating temperature ).

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee

Old Jul 25th 2013, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

Normal mix ratio is 40 part petrol to 1 part oil. IYou can buy mixing bottles from many garden centres or Machine Mart in UK and these hold a litre of petrol and have markings on the side to see how much oil needs to be added for the mix ratio that you want.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:55 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

........... the instructions are in big, bold, italic blue writing ........
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

That is just my style--it's not meant to affend
Old Jul 25th 2013, 12:09 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuart from barnsley
I DON'T FIND IT IRRITATING. DO YOU?

Last edited by amideislas; Jul 25th 2013 at 12:11 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

This answers the question about oil how?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 2:16 pm
Banned

This answers the question about oil how?

I ALREADY ANSWERED THE OIL QUESTION. I HOPE YOU DON'T FIND MY STYLE IRRITATING
Old Jul 25th 2013, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

None of my text was in high case letters--or did you miss that?
Originally Posted by amideislas
I DON'T FIND IT IRRITATING. DO YOU?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:22 pm
Banned

None of my text was in high case letters--or did you miss that?
oh, sorry, it's just my style. I don't mean to offend

Last edited by amideislas; Jul 25th 2013 at 3:32 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:25 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You know it offends, you have been told and you still refuse to change it.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

where was I told that it offends?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:34 pm
Started off with nothing

By our not so subtle hints and by your own admission.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

I never admitted that it caused offence, only that it was never intended to. How can people get so upset about a style of text that was simply a reply to a question in the spirt of being helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.