Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

oh b*****!! motos & legal age

oh b*****!! motos & legal age

Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:02 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default oh b*****!! motos & legal age

my 13 in 11 weeks(as she keeps reminding me) dd came home from school to tell me that the law we (not she) were counting on being passed raising the legal age for driving a moto has not gone through

this means that in 1 year & 11 weeks she will be legally allowed to drive a moto!!

in actual fact dh & I aren't that worried about her having a moto at 14 - she is scarily sensible - but would have preferred to wait another year

I know we can still say no next year - and might still do so

but can anyone tell me for sure if what she has told us is true?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:11 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oh b*****!! motos & legal age

Originally Posted by lynnxa
my 13 in 11 weeks(as she keeps reminding me) dd came home from school to tell me that the law we (not she) were counting on being passed raising the legal age for driving a moto has not gone through

this means that in 1 year & 11 weeks she will be legally allowed to drive a moto!!

in actual fact dh & I aren't that worried about her having a moto at 14 - she is scarily sensible - but would have preferred to wait another year

I know we can still say no next year - and might still do so

but can anyone tell me for sure if what she has told us is true?

Im sorry i cant help Lynn but thats bloody scarey - my lads had offroaders at that age and younger but being on the road is totally different - just ground her till she about 16 - no worries then
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:14 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Im sorry i cant help Lynn but thats bloody scarey - my lads had offroaders at that age and younger but being on the road is totally different - just ground her till she about 16 - no worries then
actually she was being such a moo yesterday that I told her she was well on the way to being grounded til she's 21!

so that would solve it

why do we ground them when they're horrid? - we just have to suffer them even more
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:17 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

actually she was being such a moo yesterday that I told her she was well on the way to being grounded til she's 21!

so that would solve it

why do we ground them when they're horrid? - we just have to suffer them even more

Yeh i know - its crazy really aint it lol - i once grounded our Lee for the whole 6 week holiday - whos on punishment eh
Our Paul wants to join the RAF so ive told him im gonna ground him till he comes to his senses
Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Ang on a minnit, (eastenders, thurs....) doesn't the rider of one of those moto thingies need some kind of licence? Insurance? () ...my UK based 18 year old would love to be on-road when here but I keep waffling. Any info?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by fionamw
Ang on a minnit, (eastenders, thurs....) doesn't the rider of one of those moto thingies need some kind of licence? Insurance? () ...my UK based 18 year old would love to be on-road when here but I keep waffling. Any info?
that's the point - you can take the test at 14
Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

that's the point - you can take the test at 14
Oh joy. See your point.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:08 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Scary....I understand your concerns. A 16 year old in Alfaz di Pi last week lost her life on a scooter when she apparently swerved to avoid something (a branch?) in the road. Her helmet (apparently) was on but not secured. Make sure your daughter not only wears a helmet but SECURES it.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:43 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Lionda
Scary....I understand your concerns. A 16 year old in Alfaz di Pi last week lost her life on a scooter when she apparently swerved to avoid something (a branch?) in the road. Her helmet (apparently) was on but not secured. Make sure your daughter not only wears a helmet but SECURES it.
yes I heard about that, in fact my dd told me about it & commented on how stupid it is not wear the helmet properly
Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

yes I heard about that, in fact my dd told me about it & commented on how stupid it is not wear the helmet properly
I seen one idiot in Cocentina, with his helmet pushed up to the top of his head doing "wheelies"
Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:56 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by dunmovin
I seen one idiot in Cocentina, with his helmet pushed up to the top of his head doing "wheelies"
so stupid

and tbh, if it was my other dd coming up to that age, there is no way I'd even be thinking about it - she so dizzy!

hopefully she'll change in the next 4 years
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:39 am
Happy in my bubble

so stupid

and tbh, if it was my other dd coming up to that age, there is no way I'd even be thinking about it - she so dizzy!

hopefully she'll change in the next 4 years

Does she take after her mum by any chance Lynn
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:16 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Does she take after her mum by any chance Lynn
no, the older one does
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:26 am
Happy in my bubble

no, the older one does
Is she dizzy as well then
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:50 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Is she dizzy as well then
no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.