Reload this Page >

Obtaining first gas bottle

Obtaining first gas bottle

Old Feb 21st 2009, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

linjon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obtaining first gas bottle

Hi,

We want to buy a portable gas heater but have had conflicting advice regarding purchasing a gas bottle. I would be grateful if anyone could answer my question!

Can we buy a small gas bottle from the petrol station or do we need to go to repsol/cepsa for a contract and certificate and have an inspection of the appliance? If so, how much will this cost?

Our apartment is "all electric" so nothing else to inspect.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Obtaining first gas bottle

Originally Posted by linjon
Hi,

We want to buy a portable gas heater but have had conflicting advice regarding purchasing a gas bottle. I would be grateful if anyone could answer my question!

Can we buy a small gas bottle from the petrol station or do we need to go to repsol/cepsa for a contract and certificate and have an inspection of the appliance? If so, how much will this cost?

No need for a certificate or inspection for those portable heaters.

You do need a contract for your initial contract, but the guys in the garage should be able to do that for you unless they are particularly unhelpful.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 10:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Alternatively try your local market for an ampty bottle for about €8 and then just swap it for a full one
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Alternatively try your local market for an ampty bottle for about €8 and then just swap it for a full one
Of course you can and a lot of local shops have them aswell probably from 12-15 euro
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Were are you located?
We had trouble getting out first bottle, we are near Portugal so went there & got one straight of the shelf no questions asked. The only thing it was a BP bottle which I couldn't find a repacement in Ayamonte so I ponced an empty one from a local bar & exchanged that.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of empty ones at our local auction, 10 last Friday, went for between 12 and 18 Euros. We also have a couple of places that will sell you one, no contract given, and then you just keep exchanging it.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by linjon
Hi,

Hi think we paid 50 euro for our gas contract about 12 months ago
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Hi think we paid 50 euro for our gas contract about 12 months ago but, if I'd had know then what I know now, I would have bought an empty one like the others have said
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:57 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I just approached the man on the gas bottle truck with a crispy 50 euro note got two full ones..... Now have four....

Or follow the advice below it covers both the large and small bottle info.

http://www.andalucia.com/living/util...gas-butano.htm

Or if you have no interest in gas bottles have a smile here........ Yes they knew someone would look up the site from the advert.

http://www.comparethemeerkat.com/results.html

Last edited by poshnbucks; Feb 22nd 2009 at 11:58 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

linjon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone for the advice. We will try our local market and take it from there.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

We obtained the form from our local garage, filled out the details with the help of a spanish/english dictionary, went back to the garage and got 4 bottles in the boot of the rental car, simple as that!

no checks on appiances or anything by anyone, simply picked up the bottles and away we went.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of

umm being a usless kinda guy isnt there a prob if you have gas bottles in your house and dont have docs from repsol etc..insurance wise

dont fall for the fake ones (gas con men)but i was just wondering