Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

From NZ to Spain

From NZ to Spain

Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default From NZ to Spain

Hi there,
I am currently living in NZ but within the next few years hope to move back to Spain. I have lived there for 4 years and speak quite good Spanish. I am hoping to move back there to open up a Health Spa (I own one here in NZ at the moment). When I lived there before we lived in San Roque. I think what I need to know is how the place has changed...I have been away from there since 2001. I am so looking forward to moving back there but to be honest I am nervous that the place might have changed so much since living there that I won't recognize it anymore.
I would love to get some views from people who might be living nearby.
Thanks
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:50 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: From NZ to Spain

Originally Posted by NZGrl
Hi there,
I am currently living in NZ but within the next few years hope to move back to Spain. I have lived there for 4 years and speak quite good Spanish. I am hoping to move back there to open up a Health Spa (I own one here in NZ at the moment). When I lived there before we lived in San Roque. I think what I need to know is how the place has changed...I have been away from there since 2001. I am so looking forward to moving back there but to be honest I am nervous that the place might have changed so much since living there that I won't recognize it anymore.
I would love to get some views from people who might be living nearby.
Thanks
i would suggest a holiday break to spain first
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

laspain will become famous soon enough
Default Re: From NZ to Spain

[QUOTE=NZGrl;4564187]Hi there,
I am currently living in NZ but within the next few years hope to move back to Spain. I have lived there for 4 years and speak quite good Spanish. I am hoping to move back there to open up a Health Spa (I own one here in NZ at the moment). When I lived there before we lived in San Roque. I think what I need to know is how the place has changed...I have been away from there since 2001.

Hi, I live in La Linea about 10 mins from San Roque,and have done so since 1997. Yes, it has changed A LOT, there is an incredible amount of building going on from Malaga right down to Gibraltar (mind you there are also a lot more people moving here, so good for a new business...). Sotogrande has gone very up market and is expanding really quickly (again good for business). I used to live in Torreguadiaro but have decamped to the countryside just outside of La Linea and here it seems as if time stands still, but the surrounding hills are filling up with houses. But, I think the general ambiance is the same and know several people who have returned to San Roque itself and are quite happy there.

Good luck !

LA