British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   NURSERIES & PRIMARY SCHOOLS BENITACHELL & MORAIRA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/nurseries-primary-schools-benitachell-moraira-678139/)

bess Jul 25th 2010 8:40 am

NURSERIES & PRIMARY SCHOOLS BENITACHELL & MORAIRA

Hi we are moving to the Moraira area next Feb and need to find a decent nursery that is open in August for our 10 month baby. We also want to know about primary schools for our 6 year old. If anyone has any information that could possibly help it would be greatly appreciated.:)

The Campbells Mar 24th 2011 8:24 am

Re: NURSERIES & PRIMARY SCHOOLS BENITACHELL & MORAIRA

Hi there. We are moving to Benitachell next month and I've done a fair bit of research in to nurseries and schools in the area for our 4 year old twins. We originally intended to move to Moraira, but chose Benitachell for a few reasons; the main one being the excellent reviews we have heard about the Primary School there - Collegi Públic Santa María Magdalena. Everyone we spoke to in the area highly recommends it and rates it as one of the best in the Costa Blancas for integrating expat kids.

I've also researched Nurseries: there is a nursery in Javea called Rainbow
Nursery (although it is in Javea, it is only a 7K drive to the school gates from the centre of Benitachell); the same goes for that - excellent reviews all round. They have one Spanish and one English teacher for each class and although this is privately run we are intending putting our kids there for the first two years to give them a bit of a head start with the language before hopefully placing them in the state run school in Benitachell. Here's a link to their website: http://www.rainbownursery.net/

I realise some time has passed since you posted this, so any information you have came up with since posting I would be very interested to hear what you've came up with.

Hope this of assiatnce to you.

:)

bess Mar 24th 2011 5:09 pm

:thumbup:Hi there we was planning to move this month. However, after lots of advice from people already living Spain and also the way the Euro is we ahve decided to pospone our move until things stabilize. However I wish you all the luck in the world and hope things work out for you.

snikpoh Mar 25th 2011 9:31 am

Originally Posted by bess (Post 9262330)
:thumbup:Hi there we was planning to move this month. However, after lots of advice from people already living Spain and also the way the Euro is we ahve decided to pospone our move until things stabilize. However I wish you all the luck in the world and hope things work out for you.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the euro exchange rate getting any better - they're forecasting that it will be anywhere between 1.14 and 1.20 by the end of the year:thumbdown:

The Campbells Mar 25th 2011 11:01 am

Originally Posted by bess (Post 9262330)

Thanks for getting back; I hope your circumstances change for the better.

:shades_smile:

perdiu83 Mar 28th 2011 6:44 pm

Hi, I have two children at the benitachell school, and I would agree with all the comments that you may have already received that it is the best Spanish primary school in the area.

There is a state run nursery in Benitachell that you could try or the nursery that is run by the Laude Lady Elizabeth School on the Cumbre Del Sol in Benitachell.

Chao

The Campbells Mar 28th 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks very much for the reply - it feels like I've hijacked this thread!

We're moving on the 19th, and will most definitely schedule an appointment for the Laude Lady Elizabeth Nursery.

:)