Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Nurse looking to move to Spain 😁

Nurse looking to move to Spain 😁

Old Jun 16th 2018, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Beth84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurse looking to move to Spain 😁

Hello I am looking to move to Costa Blanca, either Malaga, Alicante or Velencia. I don't speak much Spanish but am learning. I currently have been qualified for 10 years at degree level. I currently work as a deputy ward manger, I appreciate any advice thank you for example pay scale and job opportunities. Thank you very much Beth,
Old Jun 16th 2018, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurse looking to move to Spain 😁

Hi Beth, to be honest the chance of you finding a nursing post is very very slim. Last year alone around 7500 Qualified Spanish nurses ended up working in the UK because there were no jobs for them in Spain. On top of that your degree would need to be recognised which is not a simple process.

I lost three of my nursing team to Australia and two to New Zealand, all five are still out there.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Beth84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bob_bob
Hi Beth, to be honest the chance of you finding a nursing post is very very slim. Last year alone around 7500 Qualified Spanish nurses ended up working in the UK because there were no jobs for them in Spain. On top of that your degree would need to be recognised which is not a simple process.

I lost three of my nursing team to Australia and two to New Zealand, all five are still out there.

Thank you I was worried that this maybe the case! Looks like I ok retire there instead 😫 thanks for your information x
Old Jun 16th 2018, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

There is the language barrier to consider. And the question of registering in Spain.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at GHA Careers English speaking although Spanish helpful and still sunny.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with bob I am afraid, chances very slim to nil.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

SimonJ22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beth84
Hello I am looking to move to Costa Blanca, either Malaga, Alicante or Velencia. I don't speak much Spanish but am learning. I currently have been qualified for 10 years at degree level. I currently work as a deputy ward manger, I appreciate any advice thank you for example pay scale and job opportunities. Thank you very much Beth,
There are companies here (Torrevieja) which pay you to fly to the UK for work, caring for people, and pay a good wage (for Spain(400-600€ a week)). A friend of mine does it and works two weeks away and then relaxes for four weeks here. thegoodcaregroup.com/live-in-care-jobs/spain/
Old Jun 20th 2018, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

You earn more than that nursing for the NHS and a lot more working for agencies.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Chatting with my Gestoria just this morning her daughter, a qualified nurse, has had to move to Madrid from the coast to find work as there was nothing here (Malaga and environs)
Old Jun 20th 2018, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

NABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond repute

As SimonJ22 has said there could be some possibilities, it really depends on whether the OP is wanting to work in Spain in order to pay the rent etc or whether the work is to add a bit more spending money to savings / pension funds. If it is the former, the options for full time work will be limited unless a private nurse position can be found with a rich person. If it is the latter then there could be carer opportunities although I imagine the autonomo costs might make this a non-starter.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

The OP is a charge nurse in Wales and earning more than IF she got a post in Spain. Sure, renting in Spain will (perhaps) be cheaper than renting in Cardiff/South Wales but with only ten years qualified her pension pot will be small so unless she has an inheritance et al I would say to her stay put.