NOW TV stick

Old Jun 22nd 2021, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOW TV stick

I have an old Now TV box that I'm thinking of replacing with a Now TV stick .. When I bought the box in the UK I set it up with a Sky account that I cancelled after 3 months so I just get the usual apps on the box plus BBC iPlayer , ITVhub etc . My question is, if I buy The now TV stick from Amazon in Spain and use the same password details that I use for the box, would BBC, ITV etc be available ? I also use a Firestick but at the moment I find Now TV better .
Thanks in advance
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOW TV stick

Originally Posted by Manclass
I have an old Now TV box that I'm thinking of replacing with a Now TV stick .. When I bought the box in the UK I set it up with a Sky account that I cancelled after 3 months so I just get the usual apps on the box plus BBC iPlayer , ITVhub etc . My question is, if I buy The now TV stick from Amazon in Spain and use the same password details that I use for the box, would BBC, ITV etc be available ? I also use a Firestick but at the moment I find Now TV better .
Thanks in advance
I think that should work fine. I use 2 Nowtv boxes one upstairs one downstairs both on same details. I find it very good generally speaking for BBC, itv, ch4 and 5 plus get the UKTV now with drama and yesterday channels plus couple of others does what I need. When I got mine I bought the boxes cheap on eBay, when I set it up at first it showed me paying basic fee. I phoned them they cancelled any subscription and refunded me. That was about 4 or 5 years ago never had any issues since.

Last edited by Rosemary; Jun 22nd 2021 at 7:24 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks I might try one.. If I buy it and it doesn't work I suppose I can always send it back to Amazon and get a refund
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Just one thing you will need a VPN to get main UK channels .
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 1:16 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I use a DNS service - easier to set up than a VPN. DNSproxy.com or Smartydns.com
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fred James
I use a DNS service - easier to set up than a VPN. DNSproxy.com or Smartydns.com
I get the VPN as part of the Internet package. I just have to activate it every 3 hours but can do that from my phone or tablet so easy enough to use and no extra cost.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 4:10 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going to buy a Now TV box you'll have to buy it from Amazon UK, not Amazon Spain (Now TV closed down in Spain, Amazon Spain seem to be selling the Italian Now TV box for some reason).

Also it's probably best to time your purchase so it gets across the channel before the new EU VAT-MOSS rules come in on the 1st of July.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

ValTay0607 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DLC
If you are going to buy a Now TV box you'll have to buy it from Amazon UK, not Amazon Spain (Now TV closed down in Spain, Amazon Spain seem to be selling the Italian Now TV box for some reason).

Also it's probably best to time your purchase so it gets across the channel before the new EU VAT-MOSS rules come in on the 1st of July.
What are new EU VAT-MOSS rules all about. How would this affect TV viewing in Spain?
Old Jun 24th 2021, 8:25 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

It wouldn't if you have a VPN.

But import rules are changing (I meant to say the new VAT-IOSS rules, sorry) and there'll be no VAT exemption for imports to the EU so the chances of your parcel being held by Aduanas will be much higher.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ValTay0607
What are new EU VAT-MOSS rules all about. How would this affect TV viewing in Spain?
It wont affect watching programmes but it will add local vat and customs charges to anything you buy from outside the EU (like the Uk)
Old Jun 27th 2021, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

No it didn't work. it was connected to my VPN , changed the language to English did the set up, no problem , then it asked me to sign in, here's where the problem started , for some strange reason even though it was bought from Amazon es it was asking me to sign into Amazon Italy , ( I looked at the side of the box and it does say Amazon IT) there was no way I could get passed this , I tried to get a sign in code through my phone as it asked me to log onto Amazon IT , but all I was getting off that was a message to say NOW TV unavailable... so I gave up, it can be returned tomorrow, the NOW TV box that I use was brought in the UK , even though it was set up here it wasn't any problem to do it..
Old Jun 27th 2021, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Manclass
No it didn't work. it was connected to my VPN , changed the language to English did the set up, no problem , then it asked me to sign in, here's where the problem started , for some strange reason even though it was bought from Amazon es it was asking me to sign into Amazon Italy , ( I looked at the side of the box and it does say Amazon IT) there was no way I could get passed this , I tried to get a sign in code through my phone as it asked me to log onto Amazon IT , but all I was getting off that was a message to say NOW TV unavailable... so I gave up, it can be returned tomorrow, the NOW TV box that I use was brought in the UK , even though it was set up here it wasn't any problem to do it..
That's a pity, my NowTv boxes were bought from UK. It would seem from this link that the key is to have a UK box or stick and use a UK VPN so the system believes you are in UK. Here's the link I have found explaining that NowTv roaming stopped with Brexit. No doubt if you had an Italian VPN the stick you have would work for Italian NowTv. Only answer would be to buy a UK stick or box online then use your UK login with UK VPN. There are plenty on Ebay UK problem would be cost of postage to Spain.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-abroad

Last edited by bobd22; Jun 27th 2021 at 10:49 am.
Old Jun 27th 2021, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Too late for you now but for anyone with a UK Nowtv box or stick I have just found this handy guide to using them in UK or abroad.
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/how-t...ow-tv-anywhere
Old Jun 27th 2021, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
It wont affect watching programmes but it will add local vat and customs charges to anything you buy from outside the EU (like the Uk)
But there is a chance of buying UK VAT-free, so the difference may not be so large, depending on other charges like handling and customs fees. For most goods, the standard VAT in Spain is 21% vs 20% in UK.
Old Jun 27th 2021, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
But there is a chance of buying UK VAT-free, so the difference may not be so large, depending on other charges like handling and customs fees. For most goods, the standard VAT in Spain is 21% vs 20% in UK.
You would hope that a company like Amazon would remove the UK vat content on anything shipped to an overseas address (which they should do), its the smaller non vat rated firms that wont or can't be bothered. (thats the main reason my son runs the Uk side of my little business and ships only Uk, while I now run the EU side)

Ive just got a Firestick (it was half price on Amazon day). And while Ive not put much on it yet. Im pleased to say that the wife is very happy now she can watch BBC, ITV and C5 on the tv instead of her laptop (for some strange reason the DNS settings on the TV didn't sort it)

Im hoping to get C4 but there doesn't seem to be a fire stick app (that I can find).
We are 'borrowing' our sons netflix (I have NORD on the Firestick set to the UK).

So far Im as happy as Larry with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.