Reload this Page >

Notary or solicitor in Spain

Notary or solicitor in Spain

Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

roraimap is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Notary or solicitor in Spain

Hi all,

I just wat to ask a quick question.... I have some documents in SPANISH and I need some certified copies from a spanish notary.

The thing is that I need that certification in english. Could a Spanish office certify a spanish document in english?.

Or.. is there any solicitor from UK in Spain?

Thanks!!!!
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notary or solicitor in Spain

Originally Posted by roraimap
Hi all,

I just wat to ask a quick question.... I have some documents in SPANISH and I need some certified copies from a spanish notary.

The thing is that I need that certification in english. Could a Spanish office certify a spanish document in english?.

Or.. is there any solicitor from UK in Spain?

Thanks!!!!
Have a look in the free beer thread, there is a lady in there that does certified copies etc and is very good.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on where you are we can do that work in the office!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

roraimap is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi SueG,

I will send you a PM to tell you what I need.

Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roraimap
Hi SueG,

I will send you a PM to tell you what I need.

Thanks
You can either send it here or direct to the office via the website!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

pauldawn is an unknown quantity at this point

try malaga-law they will sort you out just say paul from uk gave you her name ,they the best people to do your work
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Try the British consulate.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 6:01 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
Try the British consulate.
yes, they'll give you a list of recommended sworn translators

don't expect any of them to come cheap though
Old Sep 5th 2010, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnxa
yes, they'll give you a list of recommended sworn translators

don't expect any of them to come cheap though

The papers need the stamp of the Hague which only sworn translators can give you and every page needs the stamp.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 6:45 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

The papers need the stamp of the Hague which only sworn translators can give you and every page needs the stamp.
yes, which is one reason they don't come cheap
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

I have always used certified translators based in Spain and the cost is a fraction of what a third party such as an English company based in Spain would charge.

Look for one in paginas amarillas or the translators collegio website or if unable to do that contact a company such as www.dixon.es and ask for a quote.

An Apostille Stamp is no big deal its just an internationally used stamp confirming that the translator and translation have been executed by an accredited person.

Last edited by whitelinen; Sep 5th 2010 at 11:17 am.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:32 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I paid about 40 euro per A4 sheet some years ago from a certified translator in málaga. Getting the hague Apostille also has a cost.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I paid about 40 euro per A4 sheet some years ago from a certified translator in málaga. Getting the hague Apostille also has a cost.

That's exactly what I paid about 12 years ago but it covered the cost of the stamp. My friend was quoted 3 times that in London by a Spanish based law firm which was still cheaper than a British quote. I also got my translator from the yellow pages in Valencia.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

That's exactly what I paid about 12 years ago but it covered the cost of the stamp. My friend was quoted 3 times that in London by a Spanish based law firm which was still cheaper than a British quote. I also got my translator from the yellow pages in Valencia.

18 months ago in Valencia I paid 40 euros for 6 pages including stamp. I was quoted around 450 pounds for same documents from a London based lawyers recommended on another forum.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

The OP first posted in July and I certainly haven't received a pm on here or either through my office.