Reload this Page >

Not expat related but short Spain holiday

Not expat related but short Spain holiday

Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not expat related but short Spain holiday

Hi,

This isnt related to living in Spain but just a quick question. We're going to slip away for a week in Feb for some warm weather. Rather than go to our usual haunts in the Costa Blanca, Mallorca etc. which will all be pretty cold we are considering going to one for the Canary Islands (or we're open to other suggestions but must be Spain and warm). Should they be pretty warm around that time and which one would be best for a quiet relaxed break for a 2 adults and 2 kids (age 5 and 10)? This isn't a scouting missing for where we would eventually like to live but you never know
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not expat related but short Spain holiday

Originally Posted by smartmove
Hi,

This isnt related to living in Spain but just a quick question. We're going to slip away for a week in Feb for some warm weather. Rather than go to our usual haunts in the Costa Blanca, Mallorca etc. which will all be pretty cold we are considering going to one for the Canary Islands (or we're open to other suggestions but must be Spain and warm). Should they be pretty warm around that time and which one would be best for a quiet relaxed break for a 2 adults and 2 kids (age 5 and 10)? This isn't a scouting missing for where we would eventually like to live but you never know
been on holidays to Lanzarote and Fuete in Feb and both times had nice warm weather
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to Lanzarote in February too, and it was warm although the swimming pool was icy cold. Alo it is apparently the most windy of the islands.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Alo it is apparently the most windy of the islands.
I thought that was Fuerteventura, meaning "strong wind" ??
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
I thought that was Fuerteventura, meaning "strong wind" ??
Oh you could be right. I just remember reading the travel agent's blurb when we went there - although it was about 7 years ago so ....
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh you could be right. I just remember reading the travel agent's blurb when we went there - although it was about 7 years ago so ....
mind you saying that, I expect that probably all the islands can be windy
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spain
mind you saying that, I expect that probably all the islands can be windy
Especially if you get a few boozy Brits on board ...
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Especially if you get a few boozy Brits on board ...
Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I think Lanzarote is windy too, though that's only from what OH has told me. With a 5 & 10 year old in tow, how quiet do you actually want? I would suggest Tenerife may actually be the one, because it's big enough that if the weather does happen to be a bit 'off' one day you can go elsewhere on the island in search of warmer climes, plus of course there are so many different characters to the different parts of the island.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:14 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I think Lanzarote is windy too, though that's only from what OH has told me. With a 5 & 10 year old in tow, how quiet do you actually want? I would suggest Tenerife may actually be the one, because it's big enough that if the weather does happen to be a bit 'off' one day you can go elsewhere on the island in search of warmer climes, plus of course there are so many different characters to the different parts of the island.
All very true Fiona,the Eastern isles are most windy as the prevailing wind is from the East.
TF.is OK for weather apart from the East coast and the area near the airport around El Medano which is popular with wind surfers.
Much of interest to see round the island as a whole compared to the other islands.
Well worth getting out and about.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 12:41 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Mrs P and I like Tenerife as black sand does not go down well in this household. We stayed in the Gran Hotel Bahia Del Duque Resort which is next to a great beach lots of white padded sun beds for the afternoon sleep under the shade.I would recommend this hotel, We went some 5 years ago so you will have to check the travel review sites for an update.We have also had a week at the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife and they normally have some good deals on there, A slight problem re Germans and sunbeds but you have to mix with the riff raff on occasions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98enatiQKzk

Last edited by poshnbucks; Dec 11th 2008 at 12:50 am.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, I think we'll give Tenerife a whirl!
Old Dec 12th 2008, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Mrs P and I like Tenerife as black sand does not go down well in this household. We stayed in the Gran Hotel Bahia Del Duque Resort which is next to a great beach lots of white padded sun beds for the afternoon sleep under the shade.I would recommend this hotel, We went some 5 years ago so you will have to check the travel review sites for an update.We have also had a week at the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel Tenerife and they normally have some good deals on there, A slight problem re Germans and sunbeds but you have to mix with the riff raff on occasions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98enatiQKzk
Bahia del Duque.......respect! We went there for an orange juice & came out with a 2nd mortgage
Old Dec 12th 2008, 12:24 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fionamw
Bahia del Duque.......respect! We went there for an orange juice & came out with a 2nd mortgage
But there is security on the gates how did you get in
Old Dec 12th 2008, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
But there is security on the gates how did you get in
'cos you let us, of course.....uniform suits you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.