Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

non residents tax

non residents tax

Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

stephen1962 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default non residents tax

hi all, being a non resident and buying in spain this year im finding my feet regarding all the bills and things.
am i right to believe that a non resident has to fill out a form 210 each year.
i have i believe the ratable value from the town hall, sent to me by my solicitor
my wife and i have ni numbers for spain.
so can someone advise me of when the form and payments are due i believe once completed its paid in my bank.
i also believe you can do it yourself but can anyone recommend a tax advisor ect to complete the form for me

thanks guys
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:39 am
Just Joined

gwenandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: non residents tax

Yes it is form 210 and the amount you pay will be 1.1% of the Catastral Value of your house, then 24.75% of that figure. It is normally paid Nov/Dec time, you shouldn't have to pay this year but will be liable next year. I use a firm based in the UK who charge £24.95 for this service.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:48 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It's no longer a form as such, it is a tax declaration completed on your PC from a small app downloaded from the AEAT site.

When completed it verifies that all entries are correct and you can save the data as a .pdf file and print it out to take to the bank. If you have a digital certificate you can submit it online.

You can download it, in English, at

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.e...0b.html?idi=En
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

thanks, can i have the contact details of the firm you use please, i think it would be so much easier.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

thankyou
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Not sure if we are allowed to advertise on here but the firm is http://spanishtaxforms.co.uk/.

Sorry to admin if I broke any rules
Old Nov 11th 2013, 11:06 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gwenandy
Not sure if we are allowed to advertise on here but the firm is http://spanishtaxforms.co.uk/.

Sorry to admin if I broke any rules

No you didn't. If you post a recommendation in response to a specific request for that information that's allowed. What you can't do is post a recommendation on its own as that will be treated as advertising.

The reason your post didn't appear at first is that for new members who post a URL link, it might be Spam so the post has to be approved by a mod before it will appear.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Thankyou for explaining
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:11 am
Just Joined

scaramanga is an unknown quantity at this point

stephen, Non Resident Tax is due from 1st January each year, for the previous tax year. Payment can occur at any time in the 365 days as long as it is within the payment period. In your case, if you purchase this year, there will be a small amount of Non Resident Tax to pay in 2014. Some businesses offer ony to perform an incomplete service ie. they dont pay the tax, the taxpayer is expected to complete the process of payment themselves. This is not the case with Angar Taxation Service SL, a spanish registered company. Good luck with your purchase.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's no longer a form as such, it is a tax declaration completed on your PC from a small app downloaded from the AEAT site.

When completed it verifies that all entries are correct and you can save the data as a .pdf file and print it out to take to the bank. If you have a digital certificate you can submit it online.

You can download it, in English, at

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.e...0b.html?idi=En
Fred ... we've been paying exorbitant sums to our (Spanish) solicitors to do the payments for us but your pdf suggestion seems relatively straightforward. On UK sites such as this there would usually be some kind of explanatory notes for each and every point to avoid mistakes. Do such notes appear in Engish anywhere on the site you've quoted?
Old Nov 25th 2013, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Where would you look for the catastral value please? For the last 8 years our solicitor has done this for us at an increasing cost, this year is was 130€ for each of us! So if it can be done so easily I would rather save the 260€ or more I will be expecting this coming year. We get nothing about how much it is from the solicitor exect a email to say they have submitted it on our behalf and then later in the year an amount is taken from our bank.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by fionamw
Do such notes appear in Engish anywhere on the site you've quoted?
I think you will find that this link covers it pretty well-

http://goo.gl/ZgYN6
Old Nov 25th 2013, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

I've just taken a look at the english link and the form. It appears to be an exact duplicate of the spanish one!

I think its one of the many companies who purport to aid in submitting official forms, like passports, driving licence etc. All you are doing is filling out the official form on a non-government site. They then charge you for forwarding it on, in this case 25 quid. Still £25 is cheaper than 260€!
Old Nov 25th 2013, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Where would you look for the catastral value please? For the last 8 years our solicitor has done this for us at an increasing cost, this year is was 130€ for each of us! So if it can be done so easily I would rather save the 260€ or more I will be expecting this coming year. We get nothing about how much it is from the solicitor exect a email to say they have submitted it on our behalf and then later in the year an amount is taken from our bank.
The catastral value appears on your IBI bill.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Lynn, but we have never received a bill! The paperwork has always been carried out by our solicitor ( a reputable one by the way) they take their payment from our bank in february, then around/august september each year an amount goes out as tax. This is documented on the bank slip we receive. We have never had any bill sent to us either here in Spain or back in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.