Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Non resident tax

Non resident tax

Old Feb 3rd 2013, 11:23 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default Non resident tax

Hi to everyone on here , looking for some advice on how non residents tax is Calculated on your property.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non resident tax

The method of calculating it is on the forum as it as been dicussed a number of times, if you search the forum you will find it. I did my own a few years ago wasn,t very difficult, solicitors charge quite a bit. These days I use a site spanishtaxforms.co.uk very easy they send me completed forms to my uk address and I just sign forms and take to bank and pay when I am next in Spain. Only costs £24.95 for them to do that my tax is about euro 60. They charge the one price to complete no matter how many forms I.e. property jointly owned the amount is split between owners, my wife and I get 2 sets of forms sent and pay 30 euros each. Good service for £24.95. They can pay it for you but costs a little extra for that. You pay it arears so you have untill 31 December to pay 2012 tax. By the way first year our solicitor quoted euro 240 to prepare forms and pay the euro 60 tax!!!!!

Last edited by bobd22; Feb 3rd 2013 at 12:30 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 1:43 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bobd22
The method of calculating it is on the forum as it as been dicussed a number of times, if you search the forum you will find it. I did my own a few years ago wasn,t very difficult, solicitors charge quite a bit. These days I use a site spanishtaxforms.co.uk very easy they send me completed forms to my uk address and I just sign forms and take to bank and pay when I am next in Spain. Only costs £24.95 for them to do that my tax is about euro 60. They charge the one price to complete no matter how many forms I.e. property jointly owned the amount is split between owners, my wife and I get 2 sets of forms sent and pay 30 euros each. Good service for £24.95. They can pay it for you but costs a little extra for that. You pay it arears so you have untill 31 December to pay 2012 tax. By the way first year our solicitor quoted euro 240 to prepare forms and pay the euro 60 tax!!!!!
thanks bobd22 for info & web address, can any one send me the link to thread with the method of calculating on it please
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Pjj I have searched back on the Andalucia Forum where I got the information from a few years ago from a very helpful person called Beachcomber. I have attached the link here hope it doesn't break any rules? http://www.andalucia.com/forums/view...p?f=22&t=18896

Where it mentions 24% not sure if from this year that hasn't changed slightly ?

Last edited by bobd22; Feb 3rd 2013 at 4:38 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You will have to read through the threads but you will see the calculations and get the gist if you read through them, as I say I managed it. Just realy for convenience now I use the site I linked as I don't have to bother buying forms etc but the calculations were exactly the same when I did it and Spanishtax forms did it. When the solicitor tried to get my business to do it at the inflated price he would not say how much was tax and how much was charges, just kept saying my calculations may be wrong? not the case but no doubt he thought he could worry me into paying his fees!
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 5:08 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22

Where it mentions 24% not sure if from this year that hasn't changed slightly ?
The basic tax rate has increased to 24.75%
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

60€ for non residents tax wish ours was, the last one we had was close to 400€
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's it Fred I thought the % had changed.
Our house is a village house with a low catastaral Valor hence low non residents tax. I am not complaining.
Mind you way it's going the actual value will soon catch up with the Valor Catastral lol

Last edited by bobd22; Feb 3rd 2013 at 6:37 pm. Reason: addition
Old Feb 8th 2013, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just received my completed 210's for me and the wife that .75% has put it up. Was just under 30 euros each last year now 30.79 each, so no one can say we aren,t doing our bit to help! I will be paying at the bank when over next month.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

mikeglover is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a very tongue in cheek question - if someone didnt realise they had to pay the non residents property tax and have owned a property here for the last 3 years, are the penalties quite severe or should they just start paying it from this year and forget about the previous years. I would like to be able to say i am asking on behalf of an aquaintance but that would be a fib
Old Feb 8th 2013, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You have only just missed the deadline for last year it was due 31 Dec. I wouldn't think you would be wise to ignore the previous ones as they no doubt will fine you heavier should you sell or catch up with you. I would think you would be better speaking to the Hacienda claim ignorance and sort it out. No doubt Fred will be able to tell you more and better than me. That,s why I think £24.95 is worth paying to get my forms done for both of us not getting ripped off and pay at my convenience when over knowing sorted.