Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Non-resident income tax

Non-resident income tax

Old Dec 3rd 2012, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

David and Margaret is on a distinguished road
Default Non-resident income tax

I am trying to complete and submit the income non-resident income tax form,which I understand this year has to be submitted electronically. Unfortunately the submission is being declined because of error 0115. I would appreciate some help, if anyone can advise me!!! Thanks in anticipation of assistance!!! Margaret. (I have followed the instructions from'Beachcomber' ,January 2012 and downloaded the instructions for filling in self-assessment form from Agencia Tributaria to no avail)
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all
Default Re: Non-resident income tax

that's exactly the error I kept getting, despite trying different computers and different times of the day. I am afraid that I became so frustrated that I gave up and paid £40 to ADA to do it for me which they did without any problems. I was a bit peeved at having to pay someone to do something I should have been able to do myself so would be interested in knowing where I was going wrong.
Kath
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

reg.horne is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you having problems with generating the PDF form or going on to then submit it electronically?

I created the PDF form this afternoon with only minor issues and have printed it out to drop into the bank. The next bit looks a bit tricky - maybe next year.

There are lots of people with similar problems on this FAQ and it seems to be related to the browser/setup especially IE8 & IE9.
I am using Chrome.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Reg for replying to my query. I think the problem is that of generating the PDF form. However I admit defeat for the December submission. I'll download Chrome and continue to persevere. Hopefully I'll get there for 2013!! Thanks again.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Non-resident income tax

It has been suggested elsewhere that you might email your bank with the PDF as an attachment. I know that our bank (Popular) are very helpful whenever we are away and want them to carry out a transaction on our behalf. They do need something signed but if we plan ahead we can sign the mandate before we leave. If you ring them they might accept an email until you can get in to sign hard copy .
Old Dec 11th 2012, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement. About to make arrangements to pay the tax, when I thought I'd give it one more try using Chrome as suggested. I nearly fell out of the chair when on first attempt everything went to plan. I couldn't believe it. Once again thanks for your support. Margaret.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

Meanwhile 40km to the North I've downloaded the Modelo 205's, filled them in on-line and printed them off. Next job is to drive to Ayamonte, visit the tax office for the official envelopes (already got the stickers), then to Caja Rural with forms and envelopes to pay. The bank keep their copy of the payment sheet, put the tax office's two sheets in the envelope and forward to them, and give me my two sheets. This is repeated for each of us as joint owners.

Just one query with the renta calculation. At one point you have to multiply a value by either 1.1% or 2.0% to get the final amount due. AFAIK the lower percentage applies to properties in areas where the catastral has been revised since 1994. Here in El Almendro our I.B.I. bill states the last revision was in 1990, but the property was not built until 2006.

Can anybody please advise which percentage figure I should use? The tax office looked at it and said 1.1% but I'm not so sure I trust them!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Non-resident income tax

Originally Posted by del.Almendro
Meanwhile 40km to the North I've downloaded the Modelo 205's, filled them in on-line and printed them off. Next job is to drive to Ayamonte, visit the tax office for the official envelopes (already got the stickers), then to Caja Rural with forms and envelopes to pay. The bank keep their copy of the payment sheet, put the tax office's two sheets in the envelope and forward to them, and give me my two sheets. This is repeated for each of us as joint owners.

Just one query with the renta calculation. At one point you have to multiply a value by either 1.1% or 2.0% to get the final amount due. AFAIK the lower percentage applies to properties in areas where the catastral has been revised since 1994. Here in El Almendro our I.B.I. bill states the last revision was in 1990, but the property was not built until 2006.

Can anybody please advise which percentage figure I should use? The tax office looked at it and said 1.1% but I'm not so sure I trust them!
Whats a 205 for?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Whats a 205 for?
Doh! I meant modelo 210. 205's a Peugeot
Old Dec 12th 2012, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

reg.horne is an unknown quantity at this point

Just back in a VERY cold UK after a week in Aya and got the forms in.

No need to visit the Tax Office for envelopes. I just took the 3 sheets into my own bank and they did the rest. All sheets were scanned; they kept the one sheet with the large "F" on it and stamped and returned the other two to me.

They do not even need the barcode stickers as the printer generates one but it is worth taking them along as they could not read the one on my form.

Good luck.

Reg