Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Non lucrative visa Spain

Non lucrative visa Spain

Old Jan 18th 2023, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

smallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to all
Default Non lucrative visa Spain

Hi there

Question on parameters to receive a non lucrative visa from those who may have tested this previously.

Latest 2023 financial requirements are EUR 36,000 per year for a couple. That is around £2500 per month. Assuming half of that as an income stream and a lump sum balance in account, would that be sufficient to receive said visa on an annual basis?

Also Are rental / mortgage costs and medical assurance considered on top of this, or is the overall cash availability the main issue?

kind regards
Old Jan 18th 2023, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non lucrative visa Spain

Originally Posted by smallpiff
Hi there

Question on parameters to receive a non lucrative visa from those who may have tested this previously.

Latest 2023 financial requirements are EUR 36,000 per year for a couple. That is around £2500 per month. Assuming half of that as an income stream and a lump sum balance in account, would that be sufficient to receive said visa on an annual basis?

Also Are rental / mortgage costs and medical assurance considered on top of this, or is the overall cash availability the main issue?

kind regards
A friend of ours has just had his interview with the consulate in London for the NLV.
They accepted £30,000 in savings and a pension income of £1,000 a month. This was for a couple.
He has a UK civil servants pension and an S1.

However your bit of string may be a different length.

Rental and mortgage would be on top as these are outgoings that affect the overall position.
They already own the property they will be moving too but he did ask the question.
Old Jan 18th 2023, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

smallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to all

Thanks for the insight. I presume that the visa is renewable regularly and if the lump sum is still there then all is well.
I would be early-retired with a money purchase pension accrued - but not yet taken, Also a passive income of £1250 and lump sum exceeding that mentioned.
However, no property owned, as yet. Awaiting that market crash that never quite comes.
Seems they will otherwise accept a trade-off between income and capital, just like every other aspect of investment.
Old Jan 18th 2023, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smallpiff
Thanks for the insight. I presume that the visa is renewable regularly and if the lump sum is still there then all is well.
I would be early-retired with a money purchase pension accrued - but not yet taken, Also a passive income of £1250 and lump sum exceeding that mentioned.
However, no property owned, as yet. Awaiting that market crash that never quite comes.
Seems they will otherwise accept a trade-off between income and capital, just like every other aspect of investment.
The NLV has to be renewed at the end of the first year of Residence and must be at double the rate proved the first time (although) and my friend asked about this.
He was told as long as you can prove a continuous income (pension letter dated and saying you will be getting X amount) and the same level of savings you had before then its acceptable.
Now this is what the consulate said. What the person who goes through your paperwork at renewal wants will all depend on their mood on the day.
The NLV then has to be renewed again at the end of year three for two more years then the TIE gets changed for a permanent one (like my WA one will)
Old Jan 19th 2023, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Free guide here

https://www.pellicerheredia.com/en/open-library/

I have used P&H for years for all of my legal and tax requirements.
Old Jan 19th 2023, 7:52 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
Now this is what the consulate said. What the person who goes through your paperwork at renewal wants will all depend on their mood on the day.
LOL, that is so true :-)
Old Jan 20th 2023, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies. I had temporarily lost sight of this thread. Interesting that the renewal is double. I wonder, if going through the primarily lump-sum route and needing to demonstrate say £100K or so of funds, I am hoping that doesnt need to be sitting there in an account, on-call for x years, whilst being eaten by inflation, Hopefully it can be transferred in from other vested sources including share accounts or other liquid funds?
Old Feb 8th 2023, 1:44 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

For the visa requirement do the funds have to be in a Spanish account or can they be in your account back home or another EU bank account for instance?

Last edited by astera; Feb 8th 2023 at 1:47 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by astera
For the visa requirement do the funds have to be in a Spanish account or can they be in your account back home or another EU bank account for instance?
Can be anywhere as long as you get a official bit of paper to prove it (they check by the way these days).
My friends use a savings account and got a certificate from the bank its held with (Uk bank).