Reload this Page >

Non Lucrative Visa Questions

Non Lucrative Visa Questions

Old Apr 13th 2021, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

c.canadas21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non Lucrative Visa Questions

Originally Posted by Barriej
Its not confusing at all. You take notice of what the Spanish Consulate want. Not what some lawyer or internet company can offer.
Yes they may have back doors, but if you get found out. YOU will be the one who suffers.
Is it worth it, after having paid to get here, only to find out that your visa gets cancelled and you are removed from the country?? (possibly with a ban stopping you from re-entering the EU for some years)

Why should Spain get with the times, have you looked at what is involved with moving to the UK from the EU now?
These demands here in Spain, if thats what you can call them, are no different to those required previously by all 3rd country applicants (i.e.. US, Australian, Chinese, South America, Indian) and now the UK.

Have you seen whats needed to move to Australia lets say?
I have, my daughter is still waiting nearly 6 years after moving there for her full relationship visa. It cost me over £5000 and because she put one wrong date down on the form they refused her visa.
She cannot own a house, a car because she isn't resident. She has a full time job and pays more tax than a resident (although they rebate that every year). Her medicare costs more as well.
She has spent the last 18 months or so waiting for the appeal.
I meant get with the times as there are many countries now offering visas for remote workers as the way of living/ working has changed a lot over the past year. I would move there but it's too far from my family, who are in the UK and Spain.
Old Apr 14th 2021, 8:05 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by c.canadas21
I spoke to the Spanish embassy in London and they say you cannot work remotely with this visa and that it's mainly for retired people.
At the same time a lot of immigration lawyers seem to imply/promote the non lucrative visa is the best route for remote workers.

It's all very confusing and unless you contract their services you don't get a straight answer but they seem to know a way round it. Not sure if it requires a large sum of savings?
I'm sure it'll work wonderfully until the unexplained income on your tax return is compared against your visa type.

Spain need to get with the times and offer something for people who are work remotely and would be spending there money in there country and paying taxes. Don't make sense to me!!

ALL very annoying!
They do. Freelance visa.
Old Apr 14th 2021, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DLC
I'm sure it'll work wonderfully until the unexplained income on your tax return is compared against your visa type.

They do. Freelance visa.
What's the name of this visa I Haven't seen it on the consulate website?
Old Apr 14th 2021, 8:29 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

It's down as "Self-employment work" on the London consulate's website, near the bottom of the page.
Old May 7th 2021, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Torrs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by c.canadas21
Hi all
I'm trying to move to Spain as well and find different sites say different things.

I spoke to the Spanish embassy in London and they say you cannot work remotely with this visa and that it's mainly for retired people.
At the same time a lot of immigration lawyers seem to imply/promote the non lucrative visa is the best route for remote workers.

It's all very confusing and unless you contract their services you don't get a straight answer but they seem to know a way round it. Not sure if it requires a large sum of savings?

Spain need to get with the times and offer something for people who are work remotely and would be spending there money in there country and paying taxes. Don't make sense to me!!

ALL very annoying!
I have been trying to contact the Spanish Embassy in London but I can not find their telephone number anywhere. Please help - thanks
Old May 7th 2021, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Torrs is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been trying to contact the Spanish Embassy in London but I have heard that they only speak Spanish. Please help - thanks

Last edited by Torrs; May 7th 2021 at 5:59 pm.
Old May 7th 2021, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

I would doubt that, hard to imagine a command of English not being a prerequisite for consular personnel posted to UK.
Old May 7th 2021, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Torrs
I have been trying to contact the Spanish Embassy in London but I can not find their telephone number anywhere. Please help - thanks
you have to email them, I wrote to them in Spanish and got no reply, resent in English and got a reply.