Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Noisy Helicopters

Noisy Helicopters

Old Sep 11th 2013, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Noisy Helicopters

Does anybody know who the blue and yellow helicopters that are constantly flying over my house ( in Almunecar)) belong to,? They fly over quite a few times every day and are a nuisance , they are so noisy and fly so low...
Old Sep 11th 2013, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Noisy Helicopters

Blue and Yellow with a white object front left if I recall is Traffico White thing is the camera.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 11th 2013, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes that's the one... Thanks... Don't know what they are doing flying over my house and the sea though, not a lot of traffic there.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, that brings back memories of the UK.
The police helos used to come buzzing around at the slightest excuse (at £900/hour to run). Typically at about 2 in the morning, just because someone had phoned in a report of someone acting suspiciously around parked cars.
So in order to scare off a possible car thief (who'd hear it coming, at the dead of night minutes before it arrived) they'd spend a grand or two and keep 20,000¹ people awake for an hour while they shone their searchlights around - all to no avail.

[1] Plus all the people they woke up en route to the supposed "crime" - and then woke them again on the way back. Dumbest idea ever!
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
Ahh, that brings back memories of the UK.
The police helos used to come buzzing around at the slightest excuse (at £900/hour to run). Typically at about 2 in the morning, just because someone had phoned in a report of someone acting suspiciously around parked cars.
So in order to scare off a possible car thief (who'd hear it coming, at the dead of night minutes before it arrived) they'd spend a grand or two and keep 20,000¹ people awake for an hour while they shone their searchlights around - all to no avail.

[1] Plus all the people they woke up en route to the supposed "crime" - and then woke them again on the way back. Dumbest idea ever!
Nearly every day we see / hear the Police Helicopter here, I don't mind it though, when it is hovering though I do get a bit inquisitive as too why.

I like it more when the big Apaches come over, not that often here though