No Post

Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

lynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the rough
Default No Post

For the past 2 weeks i have not received any post. All the things i have been waiting on which normally take approx 3 days to arrive have never arrived. Infact I havent seen the postman in about 2 weeks. I have checked the other mail boxes in my block and they dont seem to have had mail delivered. I live in the centre of Benidorm and normally have a really good postal service.
Im panicking as am due a bill from telefonica and also have ordered stuff from ebay which should have arrived and not a letter from anyone.
Any suggestions as what we should do or who can help????
Cheers
Lynda
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:04 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Post

Go to your local post office and collect it. In general we find we get no deliveries if the postie goes on holiday, theres a fiesta, he's hurt his toe, or its August
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:11 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynda,

Mitzyboy's advice is spot on!

Also re telefonica, go and subscribe online so you can keep track of your phone bills, download statements, etc. Just click on the link below and follow the instructions:

https://www.telefonicaonline.com/on/...%2Bpub,00.html

Martha
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:05 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Go to your local post office and collect it. In general we find we get no deliveries if the postie goes on holiday, theres a fiesta, he's hurt his toe, or its August
You forgot to say 'if it is raining'.

Rosemary
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

This happened to us a couple of months ago. After being given the runaround by the helpful souls at our local Correos (to whom the concept of customer service is something completely alien) they finally gave us a telephone number to ring. The OH got through and was passed on to someone who spoke English (our Spanish not being up to the standard required) who was most helpful and took details of the complaint in English. Two days later the postman arrived with about 10 items of mail, goodness knows where it had all been, and a few days after that a letter arrived from Madrid saying that they hoped our complaint had been resolved to our satisfaction. I'm sorry I don't have the phone number but I think it was for an area office in Torre del Mar anyway, perhaps your local Correos office could be persuaded to part with one. Since that time our post has arrived with no problem at all, even throughout August!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

lynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone
Thanx for your replies.
I took myself down to the local Correus office this morning and result.....Nothing
Theres no mail there for me and he says the postman isnt away and then said something about Madrid which I couldnt quite understand so i reckon i will have to take a translator with me otherwise nothings going to get sorted.
Anyone any other ideas?
Lynda
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Ok so heres whats just happened..... I have just phoned the telephone number 902197197 which is on the Correos website and managed to speak to someone in English which was helpful as slowly learning spanish but no where near enough to explain the situation
Result.....I got given a claim number and was told they will contact the office in Alicante and Benidorm and locate my packages and letters. So fingers crossed that they turn up otherwise some lucky bugger is sitting with my clinique lucky bag:curse:
Lets wait and see
Lynda
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Right now i am getting worried.
I called back the Correus Customer Services Office and managed to speak to someone in english and explained that i still havent received any mail and they told me that they cant deal with it as it is my local office the problem lies with. I tell them that the local office say there is no problem and they say they cant help me. I told them that i am concerned and that i have no mail. I ask what they suggest i do and the answer is ....i dont know. I ask if they can help me and the answer is ....no. I explain that i phoned last week and was given a reference number and told someone would contact me and she says that they are looking into it but doesnt know if and when i will hear anything.
So to date i am missing 2 expensive packages and numerous important letters some containing money.
So Correus Customer Services Office can not help so i ask who can and they say....dont know. The girl then starts talking in spanish i apologise in little spanish that i know and explain that i dont speak any spanish and get this she starts freaking out and screaming in Spanish to me and then slams the phone down.
Not once did i loose my temper or shout at this young girl and let me tell you im raging:curse::curse::curse::curse:
This surely has got to beat Telefonica.
Im so angry and frustrated and to be honest im at a loss as what to do next.
Any suggestions???
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Well, seems you only have one option. Back to your local post office with a translator and don't move until you get the answer you want!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Yeah thats what i was thinking.
Tomorrows job
Its just totally confusing because im watching tons of postmen flying about on there mopeds and not one coming into the apartment block.
Before this we always received our mail and never had one problem.
Maybe i got a dodgy postman