Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

No more pussy jokes........

No more pussy jokes........

Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:15 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default No more pussy jokes........

Yesterday was a very sad day for me, after 19 years I had to have my beloved Bennie put to sleep, since collecting him from the cattery on the 9th Jan he had not been the same boy. On Monday I notice he had two soft lumps either side of his body, I took him to the vets who said he had heart failure that was causing fluid on the lungs. The vet gave him a couple of jabs and said bring him back in 24 hours which I did, although some of the fluid had gone there was still a lot remaining and his heart was no stronger. After much heart searching and weighing up others factors such as muscle spasms of the back legs that were very distressing to him there really was no other choice.

Last night I could not sleep, I just kept thinking that I had taken his life, I know in my heart it was for the best but my head keeps telling different. I lay in bed thinking just how spoilt that boy was, he took up all the room on the bed, had the best seat in the front room in front of the fire, and sprawled out on the sofa in the conservatory during those long hot hazy days of summer.

For breakfast he enjoyed a nice bowl of yogurt, lunch usually consisted of a few prawns and fillet of Merluz follow by after tea of a small bowl of ice cold milk or double cream. Before going to bed he would sit by his bowl in the kitchen waiting for his favorite meal of the day, chicken livers cooked in the best Jerez sherry finely chopped as he had only a few teeth left. I heard him meow at least three times during the night and half expected him to jump up onto the bed and demand his place of honor.

This morning I found this little story my daughter wrote when she was 10 a couple of years after Bennie arrived with his brother Dibble it's called
My Favourite Animal

"My favourite animal is a cat. I have three cats. Their names are Jerry who is the eldest Bennie and Dibble who are only two years old. They both came form the same litter of kittens. I like cats because they are friendly and like to be petted. My cats make me laugh when they fight. They fight over their dinners. Dibble like crisps and when I have a packet he comes and sits on my lap and tries to take them. When we first got Bennie he use to run into the front room and bang into the wall he would bounce off, run and then run into the radiator. My mum says this must of knocked some sense into him. We got Jerry when I was three years old he also likes crisp."

Bennie know has his place of honor under a tree in our garden that I lovenly call "The Angel Tree" because the flowers remind me of an angel's trumpet, I can see it from the kitchen when I am preparing dinner, also from the sofa in the conservatory when I am sitting have my afternoon tea. He, like my three other cats will alway be in my thoughts, for the record my first cat was called Pushkin and died at the age of 11 after he ate next doors budgie
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

louisaj has a brilliant futurelouisaj has a brilliant futurelouisaj has a brilliant futurelouisaj has a brilliant futurelouisaj has a brilliant futurelouisaj has a brilliant future
Default Re: No more pussy jokes........

Originally Posted by crispy
Yesterday was a very sad day for me, after 19 years I had to have my beloved Bennie put to sleep, since collecting him from the cattery on the 9th Jan he had not been the same boy. On Monday I notice he had two soft lumps either side of his body, I took him to the vets who said he had heart failure that was causing fluid on the lungs. The vet gave him a couple of jabs and said bring him back in 24 hours which I did, although some of the fluid had gone there was still a lot remaining and his heart was no stronger. After much heart searching and weighing up others factors such as muscle spasms of the back legs that were very distressing to him there really was no other choice.

Last night I could not sleep, I just kept thinking that I had taken his life, I know in my heart it was for the best but my head keeps telling different. I lay in bed thinking just how spoilt that boy was, he took up all the room on the bed, had the best seat in the front room in front of the fire, and sprawled out on the sofa in the conservatory during those long hot hazy days of summer.

For breakfast he enjoyed a nice bowl of yogurt, lunch usually consisted of a few prawns and fillet of Merluz follow by after tea of a small bowl of ice cold milk or double cream. Before going to bed he would sit by his bowl in the kitchen waiting for his favorite meal of the day, chicken livers cooked in the best Jerez sherry finely chopped as he had only a few teeth left. I heard him meow at least three times during the night and half expected him to jump up onto the bed and demand his place of honor.

This morning I found this little story my daughter wrote when she was 10 a couple of years after Bennie arrived with his brother Dibble it's called
My Favourite Animal

"My favourite animal is a cat. I have three cats. Their names are Jerry who is the eldest Bennie and Dibble who are only two years old. They both came form the same litter of kittens. I like cats because they are friendly and like to be petted. My cats make me laugh when they fight. They fight over their dinners. Dibble like crisps and when I have a packet he comes and sits on my lap and tries to take them. When we first got Bennie he use to run into the front room and bang into the wall he would bounce off, run and then run into the radiator. My mum says this must of knocked some sense into him. We got Jerry when I was three years old he also likes crisp."

Bennie know has his place of honor under a tree in our garden that I lovenly call "The Angel Tree" because the flowers remind me of an angel's trumpet, I can see it from the kitchen when I am preparing dinner, also from the sofa in the conservatory when I am sitting have my afternoon tea. He, like my three other cats will alway be in my thoughts, for the record my first cat was called Pushkin and died at the age of 11 after he ate next doors budgie
I'm so sorry for your loss and completely understand how you feel. I had the same dilemma with both of my cats, Oscar and Thomas. They both suffered with cancer (at different times) and you know it's for the best but.... I can only say that the best thing I found when we lost Thomas was to get another one in a while. We didn't get another cat after we lost Oscar as we were spending so much time at our holiday home in Pago and three years on I still miss him. I befriend the strays in Spain temporarily instead! Your puss had a pampered and loving life and I'm sure he loved every minute!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ours expired christmas day before last ........ bit of a shock getting a call from the cat sitter at 8 am Christmas Day. Your cats dead, Happy Christmas.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:04 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

My Favourite Animal

So sorry Crispy to hear about your babe - loads of love and hugs to you - i felt the same way when id had one of our other dogs put down - she had cancer and was really poorly - i took her to the vets she knew what was happening coz she licked my face as though to say come on now enough is enough just let me go. It is more selfish to keep them alive for our own purposes so you did the right thing hes not suffering now.
Love Sam xxxx

Last edited by Sam Greenfield; Jan 25th 2008 at 10:18 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry that there will be no more pussy jokes.....................
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You could go for the beavers again
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You could go for the beavers again
You just woken up?
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:25 pm

I still like a fruty muffin
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:27 pm
Senior Moment

I still like a fruty muffin
Do you remember muffin the mule ........ I don't
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:28 pm
Senior Moment

You just woken up?
I'm sitting here getting annoyed trying to design my new web site in Joomla and its doing my head in
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:30 pm
Straw Man.

I'm sitting here getting annoyed trying to design my new web site in Joomla and its doing my head in
I have just come in from a very muted Burns night....................all very odd, normally I organise it and its a hoot, but because everyone thought I would be dead this year no one did a thing!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:41 pm

I have just come in from a very muted Burns night....................all very odd, normally I organise it and its a hoot, but because everyone thought I would be dead this year no one did a thing!

Typical, you two hijacking my sensitive thread...it's good to see things don't change on here
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:42 pm
Senior Moment

Typical, you two hijacking my sensitive thread...it's good to see things don't change on here
Trying to take your mind of it Crispy.
I know how traumatic it can be
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:44 pm
Straw Man.

Was there something serious being discussed then?
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:44 pm

Trying to take your mind of it Crispy.
I know how traumatic it can be

Get back to Joomla whoever she might be

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.