No mas MASA

Old Sep 24th 2009, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default No mas MASA

MASA builders known (and loved ?) to many is finished:

http://www.torrevieja.com/eng/torrev...orrevieja.html
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:34 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No mas MASA

All those who have paid deposits to Masa will be left high and dry, I suppose as they will be at the back of the queue.
I dont know anyone personally but there must be loads out there.

Shame.......
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:29 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No mas MASA

I got to know the Masa family through living next door to one of them and it's a fascinating story. The large family owned a large, unproductive finca some five miles from Torrevieja, a declining fishing and salt production town with little worthwhile agriculture.

They formed an initial partnership with a Belgian builder and started building rows of small, terraced bungalows on their land aimed at the North European market, but the development also included larger, detached villas for the wealthier clients, mostly from the UK and Germany.

Over the next 30 years, the giant San Luis, La Siesta and El Chaparal urbanisations came into being on the Masa land, with four large shopping centres, and were taken over by Torrievieja council, providing all the town services and losing their urbanisation status.

Both the town and the Masa family grew rich from the satisfied foreign clients. The houses were sold as soon as they were built, there were no off-plan schemes, and the infrastructure was soon in place.

But the inevitable happened. The family moved their interest to the coast of Orihuela. An English estate agent became involved and prices doubled, off-plan became the norm, more partners were taken on board and an almighty mess was created along the barren coast of Orihuela.

The core family split into competing groups, their name still ensured ridiculous bank loans and local politicians granted planning permission for anything, anywhere. I'm surprised they held on for so long.