No Deal Brexit

Old Jan 21st 2019, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

noz03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No Deal Brexit

Originally Posted by 1sexsmith
Sounds like you are getting things mixed up. The NIE is effectively a number that identifies you as a non Spanish national. It remains with you for an unlimited time and is used for property purchases, car purchases, bank accounts , tax.etc. The number provides you with no rights and does not identify your residence status. To stay in Spain beyond 3 months you need to acquire the plastic card which effectively proves you are registered in Spain as a foreign resident from EU.. Anyone who hasn't registered after Brexit will be subject to non EU immigration rules. So you will need to try and book an appointment to register and gather together a range of documents to prove you won't be considered a burden on the Spanish state. Good luck
Oh, yeah I thought they were the same thing. What is the official name of the plastic card registration? To make sure I am getting the right thing.

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
AFAIK the EU doesn't have immigration rules.
Individual EU countries set their own immigration policy, in line with the national economy and how many migrant workers that country needs / can stand.
Is Spanish immigration more demanding than British? I thought the UK income requirement was around £35k for a single person and Spain was around €26k but I don't know what other requirements Spain has?
I had an appointment at the police office here in Madrid, and unless I was going to the wrong thing they told me I just needed 6,000 EUR in a bank either in the EU or Spain, and insurance. That was pretty much it.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute

If that is what they want you to have then that is it. Don't worry about other stuff. It really depends on the office how they treat the requirements etc. The plastic green card is certificado de registro de miembro de EU ( or something like that) it is not Tarjeta de Identificacion de extranjero TIE
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=1sexsmith;12625326The plastic green card is certificado de registro de miembro de EU ( or something like that) it is not Tarjeta de Identificacion de extranjero TIE[/QUOTE]

certificado de registro de ciudadano de la union
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

The TIE is explained here (in English)

La Moncloa. RESIDENCE [Brexit/How to get ready]
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes basically in a nutshell ensure you have a residencia certificate dated before 29 March 2019.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 10:30 am
Just Joined

noz03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just reading over this again, and realizing that nothing actually says in concrete terms that those registered before March 29th will be allowed to stay, or am I missing that part?

The best I found is that the Spanish government "has confirmed its intention to protect UK citizens" but having an intention to do something doesn't mean actually doing it. Does anyone know any official text that says something more than this?
Old Feb 15th 2019, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noz03
I'm just reading over this again, and realizing that nothing actually says in concrete terms that those registered before March 29th will be allowed to stay, or am I missing that part?

The best I found is that the Spanish government "has confirmed its intention to protect UK citizens" but having an intention to do something doesn't mean actually doing it. Does anyone know any official text that says something more than this?
Until the UK makes its mind up (does it even have a mind to make up?) and puts an end to the ifs and buts, all anyone can have is provisional plans and intentions. You can't pass firm legislation in concrete terms until you know what you're legislating for.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noz03

General Elections in April so that makes for a bit more uncertainty . Interesting analysis in El pais today focus on Alicante province, Orihuela Costa - comments on population decline , loss of 12.5% in last 5 years with recent uncertainty over Brexit another negative factor. Running a campaign to encourage people to sign onto the padron thereby increasing population to gain more resources.
The article does refer to the health services proposal but again not concrete.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 1:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Until the UK makes its mind up (does it even have a mind to make up?) and puts an end to the ifs and buts, all anyone can have is provisional plans and intentions. You can't pass firm legislation in concrete terms until you know what you're legislating for.
Nothing to stop them from legislating if they wish. The UK and Germany already have.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Nothing to stop them from legislating if they wish. The UK and Germany already have.
France has legislated - but it has added clauses to say that the situation will be reviewed after 2 months when it's known for certain what position the UK has adopted. So I guess that's a kind of slow-set concrete...
Old Feb 16th 2019, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Latest 'No deal' deal:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-natio...content=weekly
Old Feb 16th 2019, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
As vague and non-commital as all previous statements..
Old Feb 16th 2019, 8:02 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

What else can we expect when the whole of the government don’t have a clue what to do. Absolute shambles.