Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

No Claims Discount

No Claims Discount

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough
Default No Claims Discount

Hi All, I can't find much info on NCD info for my intention to buy a left-hooker when I eventually arrive later in the year, any advice would be appreciated, VOX.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Claims Discount

Originally Posted by vox populia
Hi All, I can't find much info on NCD info for my intention to buy a left-hooker when I eventually arrive later in the year, any advice would be appreciated, VOX.
When I insured my first Spanish car I was given a NCD on production of a letter from my UK ins company saying I had 60% / 6 years NCD. I just insured the UK car I have changed to Spanish plates and they have given me the same NCD again on the second car, unlike the UK where they only allow you one NCD

So .... before you leave get a letter from your company specifying how much your NCD is in years and percentage, as percentage on its own is no good for them here
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
When I insured my first Spanish car I was given a NCD on production of a letter from my UK ins company saying I had 60% / 6 years NCD. I just insured the UK car I have changed to Spanish plates and they have given me the same NCD again on the second car, unlike the UK where they only allow you one NCD

So .... before you leave get a letter from your company specifying how much your NCD is in years and percentage, as percentage on its own is no good for them here
Hi Mitzyboy, thanks for the info its just another trival task to tick off, Cheers.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I just insured the UK car I have changed to Spanish plates and they have given me the same NCD again on the second car, unlike the UK where they only allow you one NCD
True, but if you claim on one you lose it (or it is reduced) on both.