Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Night life for 17-18 year olds

Night life for 17-18 year olds

Old Jul 24th 2016, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Night life for 17-18 year olds

I have friends going to Isla Canela next week, with an "I'm so bored" 17 year old and her 18 year old friend. Any tips on suitable (clubs with music/dancing) places they could go in the evenings. They are happy to taxi to/from Ayamonte.
Thanks
Old Jul 25th 2016, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Night life for 17-18 year olds

Originally Posted by AndyS
I have friends going to Isla Canela next week, with an "I'm so bored" 17 year old and her 18 year old friend. Any tips on suitable (clubs with music/dancing) places they could go in the evenings. They are happy to taxi to/from Ayamonte.
Thanks
There's the nightclub on the poligono in Ayamonte. Never been myself but it sounds suitably loud. I think it's called "Freedom"
There is also a disco in Calle Medico Rey Garcia - it used to part of Gary's little empire. Can't remember the name.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 7:37 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
There's the nightclub on the poligono in Ayamonte. Never been myself but it sounds suitably loud. I think it's called "Freedom"
There is also a disco in Calle Medico Rey Garcia - it used to part of Gary's little empire. Can't remember the name.
Please be aware that, in Spain, Nightclub can mean something totally different from the UK meaning, Many of the places are not where you go to dance etc, but are fronts for special services offered to gentlemen by young ladies, they should ensure just what that 'nightclub' is before venturing there, it may well be just a dance venue, but just as easily might not.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 9:21 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Please be aware that, in Spain, Nightclub can mean something totally different from the UK meaning, Many of the places are not where you go to dance etc, but are fronts for special services offered to gentlemen by young ladies, they should ensure just what that 'nightclub' is before venturing there, it may well be just a dance venue, but just as easily might not.
I think the nightclub Mikej mentioned is kosher. But note don't be surprised if it opens well after midnight!! Or that people are turning up after 2am! Never been, but we can hear music from there sometimes till 7am at weekends all the way in CE / ME! So expect loud.

I know local people who meet up for a ' night out'..... At 1am! So it stops being 'boring' much later in our bit of Spain.

There is also a bar/club next to the parking about 100m down from the Italian resto, opposite the pizza take away, heading away from coronation plaza opposite the water

There is another nightclub nearby to the disco mikej mentions that is known as a bordello, and more like you mentioned, mikelincs, called the number 1 club. Never been but I suspect it is not as seedy as some think, though it remains a prostitution club.

They got permission to open quickly from the town hall!! The butchers across the road had to go through more red tape and delays, that are synonymous with this crazy nonbusiness focused town hall! It seems some 'meat markets' are more important to the town hall!!!

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 25th 2016 at 9:24 am.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Fortaleza (name from the past) is putting on something at Sonrisa on 1st Aug (see separate thread). Sonrisa is quite lively anyway for youngsters and is in Isla Canela (Playa Moral end) - worth giving a try.
Also La Cabra in Isla Canela has live music most evenings in the summer - no longer T-Bag unfortunately.

Last edited by MikeJ; Jul 25th 2016 at 11:09 am.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I think the nightclub Mikej mentioned is kosher. But note don't be surprised if it opens well after midnight!! Or that people are turning up after 2am! Never been, but we can hear music from there sometimes till 7am at weekends all the way in CE / ME! So expect loud.

I know local people who meet up for a ' night out'..... At 1am! So it stops being 'boring' much later in our bit of Spain.

There is also a bar/club next to the parking about 100m down from the Italian resto, opposite the pizza take away, heading away from coronation plaza opposite the water

There is another nightclub nearby to the disco mikej mentions that is known as a bordello, and more like you mentioned, mikelincs, called the number 1 club. Never been but I suspect it is not as seedy as some think, though it remains a prostitution club.

They got permission to open quickly from the town hall!! The butchers across the road had to go through more red tape and delays, that are synonymous with this crazy nonbusiness focused town hall! It seems some 'meat markets' are more important to the town hall!!!

Jon
Thanks to Jon, MikeJ and mikelincs for all the helpful info. I'll pass it on with a suitable warning!