British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   NIE number online (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/nie-number-online-942174/)

dearleuk Jan 3rd 2022 1:45 pm

NIE number online

Has anyone used one of the online firms to obtain a NIE number and if so, can you recommend one?

snikpoh Jan 3rd 2022 2:11 pm

Re: NIE number online

Originally Posted by dearleuk (Post 13085872)
Has anyone used one of the online firms to obtain a NIE number and if so, can you recommend one?

You can NOT get an NIE (just the number) online!

What they offer is to get you an appointment but you must attend in person.

Alternatively, you give them power-of-attorney but this involves you visiting a notary and can be expensive

dearleuk Jan 3rd 2022 3:55 pm

Thanks for the reply, We'll have to do it in person then. Has anyone done this in Costa Teguise,Lanzarote?

dearleuk Jan 4th 2022 3:45 pm

I did get another reply to this, but it seems to have disappeared. If you can, please re-post

Thank you

Rosemary Jan 4th 2022 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by dearleuk (Post 13086183)
I did get another reply to this, but it seems to have disappeared. If you can, please re-post

Thank you

Sorry but the post that you are referring to had to be deleted and they cannot re-post.

Rosemary

dearleuk Jan 4th 2022 4:23 pm

Okay, thank you

Fred James Jan 6th 2022 3:12 pm

Why do you need an NIE number?

dearleuk Jan 6th 2022 3:28 pm

We want to buy a property in Lanzarote and live there for a good part of the year after we retire, about three years. I have an Irish passport, my wife is trying for an Italian one

bobd22 Jan 6th 2022 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by dearleuk (Post 13086551)
We want to buy a property in Lanzarote and live there for a good part of the year after we retire, about three years. I have an Irish passport, my wife is trying for an Italian one

If you buy a property the Estate Agent will probably sort out getting you the NIE number. They did for us all be it a while ago now.

dearleuk Jan 6th 2022 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 13086554)
If you buy a property the Estate Agent will probably sort out getting you the NIE number. They did for us all be it a while ago now.

Ah okay, that would be helpful, thanks

Fred James Jan 6th 2022 5:13 pm

Alternatively your lawyer at the time will do it.

dearleuk Jan 7th 2022 3:16 pm

Thanks again

Fred James Jan 7th 2022 4:50 pm

You do need a Spanish address for the application but they will accept any valid address. Most people in your position use the lawyers address.

dearleuk Jan 8th 2022 9:50 am

Good to know, thank you

astera Jan 13th 2022 12:59 am

You might also be able to get it done at the local Spanish embassy if you aren't presently here. Just recently a friend got his through the embassy in Malta, that is they send off the paperwork to Madrid and then you just wait... and wait... and wait. In his case it was 3 weeks.

The interesting thing is that the reason they gave is to open a bank account. The lady at the embassy put that down on paper with them even though I suggested earlier that they mention wanting to buy a car. But it still worked.

What's even stranger is that they received the NIE... via email. Not sure if the white paper doc will follow or whether they will only have an email to show? :) Strange indeed...

snikpoh Jan 13th 2022 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 13086756)
You do need a Spanish address for the application but they will accept any valid address. Most people in your position use the lawyers address.

For just an NIE, any address anywhere in the world will suffice.

dearleuk Jan 13th 2022 4:25 pm

Thank you both

Yorick Jan 14th 2022 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by dearleuk (Post 13085919)
Thanks for the reply, We'll have to do it in person then. Has anyone done this in Costa Teguise,Lanzarote?

You now need a TIE number. Here in Costa there's a waiting list. I can give you the name of a good lad to help you.

Fred James Jan 14th 2022 6:39 pm

You only need a TIE if you are resident. The number is the same with either.

dearleuk Jan 15th 2022 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Yorick (Post 13088108)
You now need a TIE number. Here in Costa there's a waiting list. I can give you the name of a good lad to help you.

Yes please

dearleuk Jan 15th 2022 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 13088114)
You only need a TIE if you are resident. The number is the same with either.

So to buy a property a NIE number is enough?

Fred James Jan 15th 2022 10:31 am

Yes, TIEs are only given to long term residents who have satisfied the quite lengthy list of requirements and you must live in Spain for at least 6 month in a year.

Yorick Jan 15th 2022 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by dearleuk (Post 13088199)
Yes please

https://a-zpaperwork.com/

Known him 20 years. He's very well known and respected here. Tell him I sent you :)

dearleuk Jan 15th 2022 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 13088220)
Yes, TIEs are only given to long term residents who have satisfied the quite lengthy list of requirements and you must live in Spain for at least 6 month in a year.

Got it, thank you

dearleuk Jan 15th 2022 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Yorick (Post 13088238)

Known him 20 years. He's very well known and respected here. Tell him I sent you :)

Will do and thank you

Derickoo Jan 29th 2022 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Yorick (Post 13088108)

Name EMAIL address please

Yorick Jan 30th 2022 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Derickoo (Post 13091342)
Name EMAIL address please

Guy Buske.

Mention me :)

Daveyboywill Jan 30th 2022 7:24 pm

Me and my partner just got our NIE,S this week, we were only charged 60 euros for the notary for the 2 of us, we had to personally go to la linea on Tuesday 25th for the application and again on Thursday 27th Jan to collect our certificates, really smooth process to be fair.

astera Jan 31st 2022 8:38 am

Why was there a need for a notary if you went and applied for (and later picked up) the certificates yourselves?

Especially since the only thing you need to do is fill out the 790 (then pay the fee at the bank) and the EX-15, plus some supporting photocopies.

Derickoo Jan 31st 2022 7:20 pm

Anyone know of some one like this in Alicante

dearleuk May 9th 2022 2:53 pm

We are in Teguise for three weeks

Been in touch with Guy (Our estate agent recommended him too) and he really knows his stuff

Thanks again

Yorick May 11th 2022 8:24 am

Originally Posted by dearleuk (Post 13113414)
We are in Teguise for three weeks

Been in touch with Guy (Our estate agent recommended him too) and he really knows his stuff

Thanks again

If you see a guy with a daft-looking Springer Spaniel, that's me ;)

dearleuk May 11th 2022 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Yorick (Post 13113858)
If you see a guy with a daft-looking Springer Spaniel, that's me ;)

If I do I'll buy you a pint