NIE number

Old Jun 27th 2020, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

pemps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NIE number

Good afternoon. I hope someone can help with my query.
Late last year my Father-in-Law sadly passed away. He had an apartment joint owned with his wife, my Mother-in-Law.
To sort out the transfer solely to her we need her NIE number. Unfortunately we can't find it anywhere. She's not well enough to travel to Spain to visit the Police Station to get a copy of her certificate.
Does anyone know how we could get her NIE number?
Old Jun 27th 2020, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIE number

NIE numbers should be recorded on the escrutira (deeds) for the property. Both the buyer and seller all parties involved.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Also presuming she has residencia it is on the residencia card.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

There doesn’t seem to be any reference to NIE numbers on the deeds. Looking through the pile of papers related to the apartment, I can’t find anything with her NIE number. I’ve found my father-in-law’s but not my mother-in-law’s.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pemps
Good afternoon. I hope someone can help with my query.
Late last year my Father-in-Law sadly passed away. He had an apartment joint owned with his wife, my Mother-in-Law.
To sort out the transfer solely to her we need her NIE number. Unfortunately we can't find it anywhere. She's not well enough to travel to Spain to visit the Police Station to get a copy of her certificate.
Does anyone know how we could get her NIE number?
Did your father-in-law ever do a joint tax return ? It would be on there
Old Jun 27th 2020, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If your mother in law is legal joint owner the first couple of pages of the deeds should have her details recorded along with both your father as buyer and details of the seller. In fact their details a should be recorded in a number of places throughout the escrutira. Is she certain she is legal Joint owner?
Old Jun 27th 2020, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If your mother in law is the legal joint owner you could apply online for a nota simple which outlines full owners details including NIE. It costs euro 25 and they email the nota simple to you within hours. Here's a link
https://www.registro.es/
Old Jun 27th 2020, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your help everyone. We’ve just got back from my mother-in-law’s and after almost 2 hours of searching, turning the house upside down, we’ve found it. It’s on an old carbon copy of an invoice. Probably dated around 1985ish.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's good glad to hear you found it.