Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Nice towns in Murcia

Nice towns in Murcia

Old Aug 5th 2013, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice towns in Murcia

Hi, If anyone could let me know (for a friend) the best areas for a permanent move to Murcia. My friend would like to live near the coast with a mix Spanish and exPat community, traditional is more what they are looking for, the area must have good local shops and amenities and also have good links to the City if needed. Any help and advice would be most appreciated. Many thanks
ps purpose built developments (resorts) are not high on the above list lol.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 1:31 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice towns in Murcia

Murcia is large sprawling city quite a distance from the coast = 45Km, 30 minutes. San Javier is one of many nice Spanish towns on the coast in Murcia region. It is very well served by Murcia Airport which is actually close to San Javier.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

northend is an unknown quantity at this point

Sucina is a nice town with all the amenities you need. a 50/50 mix of Spanish and ex pats and only 15/20 minutes to the coast and airport.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northend
Sucina is a nice town with all the amenities you need. a 50/50 mix of Spanish and ex pats and only 15/20 minutes to the coast and airport.
I will pass the info onto my friend, I am sure she will appreciate your advice/help......I will hopefully "tag" along with her when she goes to take a look.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

We have lived in Los Alcazares for 8 months and now El Mojon (Pilar de Horadada) for 5. Returning to El Mojon in September. El Mojon is our favourite with a good mix of Spanish and Brits and some very good places to eat. One of the biggest shopping malls is about 8 miles away and a smaller one about 3 miles away.
We rent at a very good price.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Justlookin
We have lived in Los Alcazares for 8 months and now El Mojon (Pilar de Horadada) for 5. Returning to El Mojon in September. El Mojon is our favourite with a good mix of Spanish and Brits and some very good places to eat. One of the biggest shopping malls is about 8 miles away and a smaller one about 3 miles away.
We rent at a very good price.
Thank you, my friend would like a good mix of Brits/Spanish but does not want the area to be mainly holiday makers as she intends to live there while her husband works overseas so wants residential areas and to be able to go to the Malls etc so I will pass your info on to her (she might join when she gets the chance but at the moment I am doing some "leg work" for her) My friend is looking to buy but will rent first to get to know the areas etc. Your advise is very much appreciated as I have not visited Spain for years so cannot really help in that respect.