Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Newspapers/parcel drop off shop.

Newspapers/parcel drop off shop.

Old Apr 24th 2020, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Newspapers/parcel drop off shop.

It appears to be open now, was closed for a month.

Last edited by bxpuser24710519; Apr 24th 2020 at 9:43 am.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

ms2453 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newspapers/parcel drop off shop.

Has somebody overwritten your original post? I am hoping that your post included some good news about deliveries of parcels. We are finding it impossible to get Seur to deliver to a gated complex even when we give them two phone numbers to ring so we can meet them at the gate. Having the option of delivery to a papelaria reinstated would be great news. Keep safe.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ms2453
Has somebody overwritten your original post? I am hoping that your post included some good news about deliveries of parcels. We are finding it impossible to get Seur to deliver to a gated complex even when we give them two phone numbers to ring so we can meet them at the gate. Having the option of delivery to a papelaria reinstated would be great news. Keep safe.
Don’t feel picked on they won’t deliver to our Casa and we are the only house in our road we are on apple maps, google maps and google earth but they still claim not to find us! Without notice last time they were the delivery agents they just left it at the paper shop in Laguna and did not tell us. Just reading on here about there awful service tipped us off. Despite that I have seen them doing a parcel exchange at the bottom gate to Encinas in the past. We have had no problems with UPS, MRW and Correos Express have been superb during the lockdown.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I altered my post because someone was kind enough to check if the shop was open and if by any chance they had my parcel. Shop now open but all parcels that were there had been delivered. It beggars belief that one case, the washing machine, delivery/fitting then pay.. went so well and yet something already paid for and that could fit on my not so big handbag can't be delivered. It was to be Tuesday, then tracking said no, it was Wednesday, then I contacted the seller who did not believe my story about Seur. Twice I used the email link they suggest twice it bounced back to me undelivered..... so I sent them to the seller. On Thursday the seller sent me another email saying at least they had my order BUT there was no room on the transport for it and they deliver it as soon as they could !!! By chance this morning as I was leaving the estate a Seur van was at the bottom roundabout, nope he did not have my parcel, there was plenty room room for it ! They are a disgrace.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

ms2453 is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree, Seur are a disgrace. I ordered some wine and spirits from Grau and asked them to give the courrier my land line number (mobile reception is so poor in the apartment) as we had had problems before. Suer say they made three attempts to deliver but could not find the address (of course they did not ring). A week ago i asked Grau to cancel the order and refund my money, which they agreed to do. on Saturday morning at 9.00 we got a phone call to say Seur were waiting outside of Marina Esuri with a package for us. I hotfooted it up there and joined the queue. The consignment from Grau was supposed to be 2 boxes but he only had one and claimed no knowledge of the other. When I got home , we had all the spirits but only 7 of the 12 bottles of wine we ordered. So now I have to contact Grau tomorrow and explain that the cancelled order has been part delivered.
Can you tell me if the Papeleria you used was the one at Pl Leon Ortega. We have used this one before and found them quite efficient. It will be nice to be able to order things again!
Old Apr 26th 2020, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Plaza de la Laguna, the Papeleria on corner across from Cafe Passage. I think it is called Libreria.
Old May 5th 2020, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

An update on the parcel. Some email excuses from them. We are sorry we could not deliver your parcel as we did not know if your business was open during Covid 19 lock down or not. Sorry we could not deliver your parcel as we could not gain entry to your block. Both had clickable boxes to reply to them ..both resulted in an email failed to deliver response. Having found another contact form I tired it. No response. Then the same two emails sent to me again. A very helpful friend tried the form that failed, found another and was able to put my full address and Spanish mobile number on it with a message to ring me when in Esuri. That was Thursday, Friday a holiday, Saturday maybe a holiday no contact no parcel. As of half an hour ago Nada ! Given up. It will sent back and hopefully I will I get a refund.

Last edited by bxpuser24710519; May 5th 2020 at 2:47 pm.
Old May 6th 2020, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
An update on the parcel. Some email excuses from them. We are sorry we could not deliver your parcel as we did not know if your business was open during Covid 19 lock down or not. .
We ordered a Microwave on-line from Lidl about 14 days ago. Knowing we had little chance of them delivering to us in gated Vista Esuri, we gave the delivery address of friends who live on the road near the shop. Come delivery day, they emailed with a delivery window of 90 minutes. Later that day, we got the email excuse above, which I interpreted as they couldn't be bothered to find ANY address on Esuri.
So on my reply to their email, I gave Lidl Ayamonte as the new delivery address. On the morning of the Bank Holiday last Friday, I got an email at 10:45, saying it would be delivered between 10:00 and 11:30 that morning! I hot footed it down to Lidl, which of course was closed, but just as I arrived in the empty car park, the Seur van pulled in, and I was able to flag him down, and get our parcel.
So the moral of the story is if your prepared to hang around for 90 minutes or so, you MAY be able to intercept the delivery van in a Supermarket car park. 🤔

I have no idea if Lidl would have accepted the parcel on my behalf, but was willing to take the chance.
Old May 6th 2020, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Well done Bob. We have often hung around in the street outside our gate & flagged them down as they went by. Our plan B used to be the GC carpark. Keep well & let's hope you make it back to the UK soon.
Old May 6th 2020, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't have as much faith as some of you, to stand outside our external gate for an hour and a half in the hope they are actually going to turn up. Especially when there was NO URB name on their e mail with my address, just a bloque and portal number. I hoped for the phone call as they needed a number. During lockdown there was no other address I could get to. I certainly was not paying the taxi to take me somewhere in the hope they would appear.
Old May 7th 2020, 7:59 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I don't have as much faith as some of you, to stand outside our external gate for an hour and a half in the hope they are actually going to turn up. Especially when there was NO URB name on their e mail with my address, just a bloque and portal number. I hoped for the phone call as they needed a number. During lockdown there was no other address I could get to. I certainly was not paying the taxi to take me somewhere in the hope they would appear.
We had a similar discussion a few years back on the forum.

I would love to (have the choice ) to have delivery to our shop on CE, and even prepared to pay Amalia, say, an Euro for that. I'm sure authorised drop off locations get a payment for the service, but I'd be happy to make an extra consideration to help make this happen. It would then be up to me to use, or not, this option.

Of course this is after lockdown.

Jon

PS well done Bob on intercepting the van at Lidl, I wouldn't have risked it.
Old May 8th 2020, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

From long reading of similar threads the problem seems to be with Seur - have a look at neighbouring Portugal threads and you will find loads of similar. Amazon seems to have got it sorted after a creaky start and will deliver to real addresses and drop off points. We have had parcels delivered to PPG and Paul has delivered in person (although that is probably because he is our managing agent)
Maybe an answer is to buy from Amazon🤣. I'm not a promoter for Amazon but I ordered some mozzies screens from the UK site which were delivered within 5 days from Amazon.es
Old May 21st 2020, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Update. Suddenly out of the blue an email arrived yesterday. 3 hours after it was written, telling me the parcel was now in the paper shop across from Café Passage. This morning I have been and collected a travel worn, battered package, items are undamaged. The company I ordered from had offered a refund which I, at the time, accepted. I have notified them it has arrived.