Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Newbie!!! advice required on saetting up a business on beaches!!!

Newbie!!! advice required on saetting up a business on beaches!!!

Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:10 am
Just Joined

mj2000uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie!!! advice required on saetting up a business on beaches!!!

Hi there

First of all, I have just joined and I although still in the UK, I have a short term plan to be expat in around 6-8 months time!!!

I wonder if anyone can offer any help and advice to me to get me onto Spanish soil a little quicker. I run a security company and I have a security system device that I now have the rights to deploy solely in Spain.

Without going into too much detail, the device is ideal for beach areas and can be located on a beach or on a beach front resteraunt and it basically monitors suspicious behaviour in the area.

The device is funded in a unique way so the beach owner/administrator or business owner does not have to pay any money up front for the device.

My question is, does anyone have any advice on selling into these areas. Are the beaches (specifically Costa Del Sol area for the pilot scheme) run by a local authority and are adjoining resteraunts privately owned or franchised.

Hopefully this makes some sense to somneone who can offer some advice to me here!!

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie!!! advice required on saetting up a business on beaches!!!

Hi Welcome to the forum. When you talk about beach properties do you mean actually on the beach or adjacent to the beach? I do know that most of the bars/restaurants adjacent to the Beach (i.e Promenade etc are leased from private landlords who are responsible for the maitanance of the building). The person leasing the property own the Business and are responsible for the Business activity. So I believe that you would need to talk to the bar owners (i.e the people who lease the building) I am currently looking for a bar business in Benalmadena some of which we have looked at are 'down on the front'. Would this be something I may be interested in?. In any event Find yourself a good Gestor (A mix of accountant and solicitor). They will be able to point you in the right direction and sort out any permits/licenses etc)
Good luck.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:28 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skippernicky
I am currently looking for a bar business in Benalmadena some of which we have looked at are 'down on the front'. .
Know of one going concern in San Pedro .... is that too far West for you?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

"it basically monitors suspicious behaviour in the area"

What, like tourists in socks and sandels ?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:40 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
"it basically monitors suspicious behaviour in the area"

What, like tourists in socks and sandels ?
No, it is for checking up on Mods skivving!!!

Rosemary
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Ha ha!! Good guesses all!!!

However, it basically watches over people, its a CCTV gimmick but it identifies bag snatchers etc based on how they move about an area. I know you want to know how but its a secret!!!

So if the resteraunts are taken care of by the proprietors then who do I approach about placing a device on the beach itself?

Thanks again
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:05 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mj2000uk

However, it basically watches over people, its a CCTV gimmick but it identifies bag snatchers etc based on how they move about an area. I know you want to know how but its a secret!!!

So if the resteraunts are taken care of by the proprietors then who do I approach about placing a device on the beach itself?

Thanks again
I would imagine the local councils, but unless the cameras are invisible they would some get vandelised by the illegal beach sellers.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

However, it basically watches over people, its a CCTV gimmick but it identifies bag snatchers etc based on how they move about an area. I know you want to

That would be some piece of kit!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a camera?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Is it a camera?
It is a camera, and a recording device and some really smart software but trust me you would never even know it was there watching you!!!

No, I dont write for Doctor Who either!!!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:00 pm
jk_
Just Joined

jk_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not a hidden speed camera is it ?

Seriously have you got a patent on it?

Last edited by jk_; Jun 15th 2007 at 9:02 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jk_
Its not a hidden speed camera is it ?

Seriously have you got a patent on it?
No its not a speed camera either!!! It would be good to clock some rogue legging off with your sun lotion though!!!

No I dont have a patent as I did not design it but I do have the sole rights to sell it in a small part of Europe that includes Spain.

I think that there a environmental bodies who look after what happens on beaches so I will target those areas and you never know.....you might be being watched!!!! You probably are anyway, but not from me!!!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:51 am
jk_
Just Joined

Who would you target as potential customers and if so would it be on a contract basis?

I really dont know if local council policies to this type of investment would be considered
due to small revenue gains,however this may appeal to businesses with more to gain.

Last edited by jk_; Jun 16th 2007 at 12:01 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 12:02 pm
Senior Moment

It is a camera, and a recording device and some really smart software but trust me you would never even know it was there watching you!!!

No, I dont write for Doctor Who either!!!!

So ......... (still confused) ...... why don't they use these in the UK to identify low lifes?
Standard CCTV cameras rely on the operator to watch ...... they do zero in on movement, but that would be ANY movement. To actually discern that someone was a pickpocket or thief would require something that has a brain
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:04 pm
jk_
Just Joined

I think the cameras mj2000uk is talking about is based on
no plate recognition and statistical technology.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.