Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

new year's eve benalmadena?

new year's eve benalmadena?

Old Dec 19th 2008, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light
Default new year's eve benalmadena?

My hubby and I are coming down to Benalmadena from Barcelona for New Year's Eve to check out the area as a potential place to live. We have a young son but are happy to have him out late as long as the atmosphere is good. Any suggestions on where we could spend the evening and listen to the "bongs" of midnight? I have read somewhere about Arroyo de la Miel being the best place in Spain to spend New Year's, it sounds a bit odd but if so, is it a good plan with a young son? We have a car and one of us would go without the midnight cava but hey!! We are staying in an aparthotel (Doramar) which also apparently has some entertainment but not sure if they will be doing a party? We also prefer a more Spanish experience (my husband is Colombian and doesn't speak much English!). Thanks!
Old Dec 19th 2008, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new year's eve benalmadena?

Originally Posted by SaritaBarcelona
My hubby and I are coming down to Benalmadena from Barcelona for New Year's Eve to check out the area as a potential place to live. We have a young son but are happy to have him out late as long as the atmosphere is good. Any suggestions on where we could spend the evening and listen to the "bongs" of midnight? I have read somewhere about Arroyo de la Miel being the best place in Spain to spend New Year's, it sounds a bit odd but if so, is it a good plan with a young son? We have a car and one of us would go without the midnight cava but hey!! We are staying in an aparthotel (Doramar) which also apparently has some entertainment but not sure if they will be doing a party? We also prefer a more Spanish experience (my husband is Colombian and doesn't speak much English!). Thanks!
Colmenar lost its bongs last year, but the fireworks would give Boris's London Olympics committee something to worry about....particularly since they were set up on the church roof (do all ayuntamientos give away the cava & uvas & masks etc for kids??)
Old Dec 19th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new year's eve benalmadena?

Mosquito square is where most Spanish are, find in Benalmadena the Spanish celebrate at midnight, then English bars an hour later, so can have two new years eve celebrations !