Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Years Eve...

New Years Eve...

Old Dec 30th 2007, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Years Eve...

What is everyone doing tomorrow?

We are going to the local village, fireworks at the old square at midnight, fancy dress at the pubs and karaoke if you want it! I always think a drunken 'Fairytale of New York' is the classic!

In Spain we get the advantage of doing midnight twice! Big Ben is the guy for me though!

Whatever you are doing have a super 2008....
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Years Eve...

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
What is everyone doing tomorrow?

We are going to the local village, fireworks at the old square at midnight, fancy dress at the pubs and karaoke if you want it! I always think a drunken 'Fairytale of New York' is the classic!

In Spain we get the advantage of doing midnight twice! Big Ben is the guy for me though!

Whatever you are doing have a super 2008....
We're going to the zoo tomorrow... then a lazy evening in, will probably ring all our friends up in the UK at 11.00pm GMT to tell them that we're already in 2008 and 2007 is 'so last year'...
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

We're spending the evening with Spanish friends at their home.
At least this year, we won't look like a couple of saddos eating our "uvas" at midnight!
Last year was our first New Year here, and we expected that people would be out in the streets at midnight, so we went out into the Plaza to see the New Year in. However, unbeknown to us, everyone was tucking into their meal at this time - so there we were, the two of us and the dog, out there on our own!

I don't expect we'll be home too late though, because our friends have to be up early to tend to their cows, pigs, goats, chickens, cats and dogs!!

I think I might pop into the village bar when we get home...........although when I did that last New Year's Eve, I didn't get home until 4.30 a.m!!

Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy New Year, and a wonderful 2008.
(I'm really happy, because I so prefer even numbers!!)
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
We're spending the evening with Spanish friends at their home.
At least this year, we won't look like a couple of saddos eating our "uvas" at midnight!
Last year was our first New Year here, and we expected that people would be out in the streets at midnight, so we went out into the Plaza to see the New Year in. However, unbeknown to us, everyone was tucking into their meal at this time - so there we were, the two of us and the dog, out there on our own!

I don't expect we'll be home too late though, because our friends have to be up early to tend to their cows, pigs, goats, chickens, cats and dogs!!

I think I might pop into the village bar when we get home...........although when I did that last New Year's Eve, I didn't get home until 4.30 a.m!!

Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy New Year, and a wonderful 2008.
(I'm really happy, because I so prefer even numbers!!)
I always forget to eat the 12 uvas! Does 2 bottles of wine equate to the same thing? Have a lovely time. The dogs will be hiding in the bathroom again because of the fireworks! I will just be thinking ' oops another mayor dead!'
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
I always forget to eat the 12 uvas! Does 2 bottles of wine equate to the same thing? Have a lovely time. The dogs will be hiding in the bathroom again because of the fireworks! I will just be thinking ' oops another mayor dead!'

I like your style Sarah!
Yes, I reckon two bottles of wine counts............although I think they could constitute the entire village's quota of uvas for the night

Oh heck, I'd forgotten all about the fireworks.
Thankfully our dog isn't worried by them - although she does bark furiously at those firecracker things the kids insist on exploding all over the place!

And as to your comment about the Mayor!!!.............

You have a great night too
Old Jan 1st 2008, 12:50 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Hi to all and happy new year,
Well I had to settle for New years eve at the local golf club, sadly I couldn't be in Spain as i was last year, still had a good night but can't beat the one in spain. We left where we were celebrating at 4.30 and popped into a friends bar to find they were still going strong, stayed there for a while and when we walked back past where we started out at dawn, they were still at it, so I think I would be hard pushed to top that here in the UK.

Good luck for 2008 and love to all.
Luv Eve
xx
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 4:04 pm
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute

We went to a pal's bar on the seafront... drank far too much vino collapso and voddie than is healthy - but had a great time. Yes, karaoke was involved here too. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Surprised the Guardia weren't called lol.
Happy new year everyone!
Elle xx