Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New website helps British citizens make correct use of European Health Insurance Card

New website helps British citizens make correct use of European Health Insurance Card

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

UKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really nice
Default New website helps British citizens make correct use of European Health Insurance Card

A new website that explains how British citizens should use their UK-issued European Health Insurance Cards (EHICs) has been launched as part of a campaign to clear up common confusion over how to obtain healthcare in Spain.

The website www.healthcareinspain.eu provides comprehensive information on the use of EHICs, whether visiting or living in Spain.

What you should know about the European Health Insurance Card

A UK-issued European Health Insurance Card should only be used to access medically-necessary state treatment during the course of a temporary stay in Spain. It does not provide access to all state treatment but for those in Spain on a temporary stay, it is the correct way to access state healthcare.

British citizens who live mainly in Spain should change the way they are registered, because for them the UK European Health Insurance Card is not the correct form of health cover. The new website www.healthcareinspain.eu provides an interactive questionnaire that, depending on personal circumstances, links British residents to the Spanish social security webpage or a search page for the local INSS office or local health centre.

David Pennington, Head of the Department of Health’s International Healthcare team, says:

“Many British citizens living in Spain are confused about how to access state healthcare and many use their EHIC cards when they should be accessing healthcare in another way.

“This website is part of a campaign to explain who can use a UK-issued EHIC and what it’s for. It also helps people to find out about other ways to access state healthcare in Spain, depending on their circumstances.”

The website www.healthcareinspain.eu is part of an EU-funded campaign by the UK Department of Health and Valencia Health Authority that aims to raise awareness of the correct use of EHICs among Britons visiting and living in the Valencia region. The information on the website is also relevant to British citizens across the whole of Spain, including the mainland and islands.

UKinSpain
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:50 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New website helps British citizens make correct use of European Health Insurance

I don't like doing this on an open forum but I don't really have much choice as I can not contact you in any other way.

I have now posted several emails via this new website but no one has responded. Can you please confirm that you are answering messages from this site and that I will get a response shortly.

If you would like to contact me directly then please do so.

At the moment I am not very impressed with response times and wish to bring this to others' attention.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:08 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New website helps British citizens make correct use of European Health Insurance

a couple of years ago I posted a comment on the EHIC pages, never got a reply.

then I found somewhere a disclaimer that they would not answer anything posted there - seems a waste of time having a Comments section.
also don't think it is checked much and sometimes the information is out of date or different to other websites

`
Old Feb 26th 2013, 12:24 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

I have now had a response and we are communicating via email - a step forward.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I have now had a response and we are communicating via email - a step forward.
A demonstration of the sheer power of BE?
Old Feb 27th 2013, 1:57 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
A demonstration of the sheer power of BE?
AWESOME

Old Feb 27th 2013, 2:00 pm
Retired and loving it!

They rang the INSS in Valencia and it seems that within a week it will all be sorted.

Thumbs up to the consulate and UKinSpain
Old Feb 27th 2013, 2:54 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
They rang the INSS in Valencia and it seems that within a week it will all be sorted.

Thumbs up to the consulate and UKinSpain

did you (or anyone else) go to the meeting in Denia today?