Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New study claims Spain will need 4 more migrants to fill jobs

Wikiposts

New study claims Spain will need 4 more migrants to fill jobs

Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:20 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default New study claims Spain will need 4 more migrants to fill jobs

A new study claims Spain will need 4 million more migrant workers by 2034, in order to fill the gap in the workforce created by the rise in older pensioners. [article in Spanish]

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/862532/0/

What planet do these people live on?:curse:
If there really are 4 million job vacancies about to show up, why not (am I being simplistic here?), get the 4 million who are already there, but on paro (unemployment benefit)? If they need new skills, train them.

Edit: Perhaps my title is correct after all - they only really need 4 new applicants!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 8:06 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New study claims Spain will need 4 more migrants to fill jobs

Meanwhile the Catalan PP are warning migrants they will have to leave Spain if they don't find work

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espan...pepunac_17/Tes
Old Nov 10th 2010, 8:10 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Meanwhile the Catalan PP are warning migrants they will have to leave Spain if they don't find work

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espan...pepunac_17/Tes
Just like in the UK then.........
Old Nov 12th 2010, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
A new study claims Spain will need 4 million more migrant workers by 2034, in order to fill the gap in the workforce created by the rise in older pensioners. [article in Spanish]

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/862532/0/

What planet do these people live on?:curse:
If there really are 4 million job vacancies about to show up, why not (am I being simplistic here?), get the 4 million who are already there, but on paro (unemployment benefit)? If they need new skills, train them.

Edit: Perhaps my title is correct after all - they only really need 4 new applicants!

As they are talking about 24 years in the future I see no reason to disbelieve the claim, but if the 4 million unemployed have one baby each that should solve the problem.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:07 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
As they are talking about 24 years in the future I see no reason to disbelieve the claim, but if the 4 million unemployed have one baby each that should solve the problem.
maybe they are expecting another house sale bonanza.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:14 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair

I can see now why you teach English and not biology or maths.........

It would be very diificult for about half of the 4 million to have 1 baby each, as they are men.

I think you are trying to say that the 4 million should pair up and have 4 million children, ie 2ish children per couple.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JLFS

It would be very diificult for about half of the 4 million to have 1 baby each, as they are men. I think you are trying to say that the 4 million should pair up and have 4 million children, ie 2ish children per couple.
The 4 million unemployed could already be or soon will be in a relationship so could produce the required amount of workers required for 24 years time without the need of a single immigrant.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by whitelinen
The 4 million unemployed could already be or soon will be in a relationship so could produce the required amount of workers required for 24 years time without the need of a single immigrant.
Or not as the case maybe, as most unemployed people would want a relationship with a person with a job
Old Nov 13th 2010, 3:25 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Having just returned from an excellent Chinese buffet meal this lunchtime, (from where I live we could have walked to four similar places, and within a ten minute drive there must be hundreds of them), I’m sure that the Spanish government has got the future well planned – and it’s not Orange, not quite.

If all the Chinese immigrants pay their taxes, after their initial free break, then all those pensioners who are living far too long will be easily affordable.

On the other hand, I have never seen a Spaniard or indeed any other European work in a Chinese business.

The one we were in today had mostly Spanish customers including a large table containing three generations of Galicians, a family who opened a restaurant in the vicinity yesterday.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 4:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
Having just returned from an excellent Chinese buffet meal this lunchtime, (from where I live we could have walked to four similar places, and within a ten minute drive there must be hundreds of them), I’m sure that the Spanish government has got the future well planned – and it’s not Orange, not quite.
If all the Chinese immigrants pay their taxes, after their initial free break, then all those pensioners who are living far too long will be easily affordable.

On the other hand, I have never seen a Spaniard or indeed any other European work in a Chinese business.

The one we were in today had mostly Spanish customers including a large table containing three generations of Galicians, a family who opened a restaurant in the vicinity yesterday.
Very funny, what a good way of putting it....

About paying the taxes, I have seen that once the "free break" period is over, the business usually closes and moves somewhere else, no doubt in a different persons name, so the arrangement goes on for another "tax free" period.

I have seen this happen a couple of times in Galicia.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JLFS

It would be very diificult for about half of the 4 million to have 1 baby each, as they are men.

I think you are trying to say that the 4 million should pair up and have 4 million children, ie 2ish children per couple.

I knew you Knew about the birds and the bees. It takes two to tango.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

I thought the original title of the thread was going to be a joke - "4 more migrants"! Sounds about right to me! Any more than 4 and we're full.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

Doh, just seen the end of your first post OP! Ahead of myself there!