New Roof

Old Feb 18th 2021, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Daniel.C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Roof

Hi can someone give me an idea of what sort of cost would it be to put a 100 sqm roof on an old Finca,

Thanks
Daniel
Old Feb 18th 2021, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Roof

Ours here in the Basque country cost around €30,000 4 years ago for something similar size. Builders were professional who knew their job.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Is that done with the block & beam?

Cheers
Daniel
Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems you have started several threads, one was regarding block & beam and the other change of use for a building. If this is all related to the one project, you would first need to check if this is all legal and do you have the permission to use the materials?
Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

These are different buildings that im looking at, just trying to get some advise on costs
Old Feb 18th 2021, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daniel.C
Hi,

Is that done with the block & beam?

Cheers
Daniel
I don't understand what you mean by block & beam. Am attaching a picture of what the loft area looked like before they renovated & tiled the roof. They kept the original beams.

Roof trusses and beams after old tiles were removed.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

This is what i have been told they use

Spanish, Costa Blanca construction methods. (inmocostablanca.com)

I have been told 100sqm roof is no more than 5000 euros
Old Feb 19th 2021, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Sounds too good to be true!
Am attaching our finished product.

Old Feb 19th 2021, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what i have been told they use

Spanish, Costa Blanca construction methods. (inmocostablanca.com)

I have been told 100sqm roof is no more than 5000 euros
I don't understand and who is telling you this? Do you have an official quote from a construction company that visited the property, as the link here is an estate agent?
What kind of work, materials, is permit included, taxes etc. There are far too many factors to consider.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Hi,
I put a link to explain about the block & beam roofing method,

Roofing: Typical Costa Blanca roofing is the Mediterranean red ceramic tiling that is laid over an insulated ceramic brick base on concrete roof beams. The ceramic layer will be weather sealed with asphalt sheeting or rubber compound paint. Tile quality tiling varies with the better ones being heavier, with better interlocking properties and having more decorative finishes (e.g. some traditional coloured porcelain finishes) often combined with decorative eaves (brickwork or moulded).

I have been told by the Estate Agent that i will be able to get a license to repair the Property from the Town Hall, They have a building firm & told me that this work would cost no more than 5000 Euros including materials

Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2021, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I put a link to explain about the block & beam roofing method,

Roofing: Typical Costa Blanca roofing is the Mediterranean red ceramic tiling that is laid over an insulated ceramic brick base on concrete roof beams. The ceramic layer will be weather sealed with asphalt sheeting or rubber compound paint. Tile quality tiling varies with the better ones being heavier, with better interlocking properties and having more decorative finishes (e.g. some traditional coloured porcelain finishes) often combined with decorative eaves (brickwork or moulded).

I have been told by the Estate Agent that i will be able to get a license to repair the Property from the Town Hall, They have a building firm & told me that this work would cost no more than 5000 Euros including materials

Thanks
Is this the estate agent that you are thinking of buying the property from?

I suspect that they will tell you anything to get your signature. You really need to get your own quotes from a few independent builders.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Daniel,
Don’t trust an agent , they will tell you anything to get a sale and their commission.

and as a uk tradesperson who has renovated 2 properties on the Costa del sol, I would advise against projects like this as they are fraught with issues you could never imagine.

Renovations are costly and difficult to organise, unless you pay through the nose. I wouldn’t touch anything that needed much more than a new bathroom and kitchen windows and doors etc.

regards
al

Old Feb 19th 2021, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for the feedback, I Agent that has told me also has a Building firm & thats how they know the building etc & gave me that price

Cheers
Old Feb 19th 2021, 11:15 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for the feedback, I Agent that has told me also has a Building firm & thats how they know the building etc & gave me that price

Cheers
Members always advise people not to use a solicitor recommended by an estate agent so really we should include other professions too. I personally would not trust anything that they say regarding the cost of a renovation and especially if they also have a construction company. It is in their interests to make sure that you are provided with a low estimate in order to encourage you to buy but at the end of the day they are likely to say that their earlier estimate did not include this or that or that they found that there was more involved than they first thought. Also builders rarely quote a price that includes the IVA which would bump up the price.

Be very cautious.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Feb 19th 2021 at 11:51 am.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Cheers
As Rosemary pointed out, never trust a thing they say and this is the typical Expat Nightmare waiting to happen. Their first goal is to sell you a property and make money and after that make even more money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.