Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New residencia certificate

New residencia certificate

Old May 14th 2008, 1:08 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default New residencia certificate

How does anyone go about getting one of these if they are staying with friends for a few months before getting thier own place, ie they will not have a rental contract or have an escritura for their own house.
Old May 14th 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

teddy14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New residencia certificate

I also need some advice, when I move to spain next week Im going to be sharing a friends flat (indefinatley) so I wont have rental agreement either, but will need an NIE number for car insurance etc.....
Old May 14th 2008, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by teddy14
I also need some advice, when I move to spain next week Im going to be sharing a friends flat (indefinatley) so I wont have rental agreement either, but will need an NIE number for car insurance etc.....
for nie you need -
the orgional completed form see free beer at top of threads

you need 2 copies of said form must be photocopies not comp printed

you need passport and 2 photocopies

you need a payment form to be completed and paid at the bank before you go to hand in application (this needs to be collected from town hall when you go to get number and date for appiontment)

also you need a passport photo of yourself

you will need to put address on the form but as they don´t send you the NIE number you go collect it from the town hall 3 weeks after applying. If you know what your address will be when house completed then you can put that on form you don´t need proof af address.

You will only need the escatura to get on the padron but there is no hurry for that. Unless you have healthe issues as you need Paadron for national health number, then medical card and residencia.

As for the OP asking about residencia wait untill you get your padron etc it doesn´t make any difference I have been here 6 years and never bothered getting one at all.

Any questions then PM me.
Old May 14th 2008, 3:19 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allicat001
for nie you need -
the orgional completed form see free beer at top of threads

you need 2 copies of said form must be photocopies not comp printed

you need passport and 2 photocopies

you need a payment form to be completed and paid at the bank before you go to hand in application (this needs to be collected from town hall when you go to get number and date for appiontment)

also you need a passport photo of yourself

you will need to put address on the form but as they don´t send you the NIE number you go collect it from the town hall 3 weeks after applying. If you know what your address will be when house completed then you can put that on form you don´t need proof af address.

You will only need the escatura to get on the padron but there is no hurry for that. Unless you have healthe issues as you need Paadron for national health number, then medical card and residencia.

As for the OP asking about residencia wait untill you get your padron etc it doesn´t make any difference I have been here 6 years and never bothered getting one at all.
Any questions then PM me.

You now need residencia certificate to get onto the padron in the first place, sop a certificate is essential now for new arrivals.
Old May 14th 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You now need residencia certificate to get onto the padron in the first place, sop a certificate is essential now for new arrivals.
oh thats new
last week i was down the town hall and as far as I can tell you still need padron to get residencia wonder how that works.

what town hall do you come under? Is it playa flamenca?
Old May 14th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

For our residencia we have to go to the foreigners section at the police station not the town hall. This has to be the main staion, our was in, well still is Motril.

Yu ar awaer I suppose you do not now get a car? it is just an A4 piece of paper with no photo on.