Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Rental Laws

New Rental Laws

Old Apr 22nd 2016, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Ash Jez is on a distinguished road
Default New Rental Laws

I've heard a little about Estate Agent Annika Elena van der Pluijm and also that there are new laws to do with Landlords and rental properties. Is the anywhere that I can link to so I understand more about these laws from a prospective tenant point of view. In English would be good or even greater.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Rental Laws

I found this quite recently. It is a bit long but I think it covers most things that will probably come to pass in most areas of Spain.

I have had to remove the document due to it being against the rules to put long documents such as this on the forum. Could you do it again using a link to the piece? Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Apr 22nd 2016 at 8:13 pm. Reason: Sorry Steve, this is not allowed.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ash Jez is on a distinguished road

Many thanks Steve. That really is interesting to read. I bet many people will go to the wall and a lot of others opt out of the rental business. As for myself, I'm sure I need something for more than 2 months. Needless to say that still I'll require something for a shorter term initially. Again Thanks for that. The links at the end are also helpful.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 6:14 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash Jez
Many thanks Steve. That really is interesting to read. I bet many people will go to the wall and a lot of others opt out of the rental business. As for myself, I'm sure I need something for more than 2 months. Needless to say that still I'll require something for a shorter term initially. Again Thanks for that. The links at the end are also helpful.
Unfortunately the document has now been removed and a link has not yet been provided.

There have been no new rental laws introduced recently (for the last 3 or 4 years at least) other than the need to register the property.

The last major changes were to insist that 'long-term' rental contracts had to be for 6 or 12 months with an automatic renewal of up to 3 years (in total) if required.

I will read the article in detail once a link has been posted.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

It took me a while to find out to provide a link, but here it is. I hope it works.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fzRV2LWHaY/pub
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 6:58 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh

There have been no new rental laws introduced recently (for the last 3 or 4 years at least) other than the need to register the property.
There most certainly have. The new law applies in Andalucia and came into effect as recently as February this year.

Steve's link works fine.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 8:03 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevesainty
It took me a while to find out to provide a link, but here it is. I hope it works.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fzRV2LWHaY/pub
Thank you for returning and providing the link.

Rosemary